• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols has been terrible

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

Wait, you talked to Ohtani, and he told you that Pujols is the one who instructed him to change his stance?  

If that is the case, I stand corrected.

Thanks yk.  I tend to just make shit up, I am glad someone finally called me out for it after however many years I have been on here.  

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Jobu said:

On the KC broadcast, no less an authority than Rex Hudler said that Eric Hinske fixed Ohtani's leg kick.

Don't tell that to Strad, he talked to Pujols directly. He knows for a fact that Pujols fixed Ohtanis leg kick. You don't want to challenge the guy who literally knows everything about everything. In fact just based on "however many years he's been on here" we should take everything he says as law and not question him or think hes a prick in any way whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Don't tell that to Strad, he talked to Pujols directly. He knows for a fact that Pujols fixed Ohtanis leg kick. You don't want to challenge the guy who literally knows everything about everything. In fact just based on "however many years he's been on here" we should take everything he says as law and not question him or think hes a prick in any way whatsoever.

Uh oh

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Yep.  Sorry I listened to our broad caster instead of Rex Hudler.  I’m trying to think of what, other than eating insects,  he is an authority of.  Oh and dude, you’re a twat.   Keep it up, I’m sure it gives you wood to come after me.   Sorry I don’t care for negative pieces of crap, that when asked to give examples of their opinion are incapable of doing so.   Now right now you’re like “oh yea i pissed him off and he responded”, not even close.   I know how this story ends for you, “because of how many years I’ve been on here”.   

Still waiting for that long list of players that tore it up after leaving Mike Scioscia.  

Stay golden pony boy. 

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

I'm a bit worried guys. Are stradling and claude still an item or is he cheating on him with this slut Angels1984?

Haha.   We’ve been playing well so Claude has been a ghost.  If we continue to struggle he will make his triumphant return. And yes this chick is a slut.  

Edited by SuperTroopers

Well this may be something....

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/39462/rubbing-mud-aging-angel/

Did Albert accidentally reveal that he's older than his listed age?

“I actually hit it off Octavio Dotel, I think I told you that,” Pujols said with a laugh. (Brown didn’t remember that.) “I was about about 12, 13, almost 13 years old,” he continued.

Pujols talked about how giddy he felt, about the excitement and disbelief. “And we go back, you know, 28 years later, and here I am.”

I’ve listened to this four times, because I didn’t want to report that Pujols is 40 (or 41, I guess) based just on something like this, but I needed to know how much to trust it. Very often, in conversations like these about old times, people get imprecise. They throw a number out. When Guerrero was revealed to be a year older than he’d let on, the official record had him as 33, but he slipped up in an interview and said he was 34 while laughingly talking about the difficulty of recovering from an injury. It was that simple. It could have been a mistake. I told someone I was 28 just a week ago, forgetting my recent birthday. Yet, the reporters to whom Guerrero had been talking caught it, and when they followed up, he simply admitted the truth. It was because he’d said his age with such certainty, though, that the reporters decided to follow up.

In this case, I have that same instinct. Pujols’ cadence during that recollection wasn’t that of someone estimating or casually tossing off the number. The degree of vividity with which he described the moment and his feelings about it left me feeling like he was locked into the memory, engaged with it. It seemed fixed in his mind. That’s not the hammer, but it’s worth noting.

Brown, titillated by the detail he’d forgotten in this treasured story, followed up on Dotel.

“Well, Dotel, I believe he’s like three or four years older than me,” Pujols said. “He was in the league above me, and it was actually like an intrasquad game.”

Now, we’re cooking with gas.

Dotel, whose birthdate we know for sure because it was corrected and verified well after his career began, is 44. He was born in late November 1973. Dotel signed with the Mets in March 1993, so it’s technically possible for Pujols to have hit that homer at age 12 or 13, against Dotel, and still be 38 now. However, that would be a shocking age disparity for the two players at the time. More importantly, though, Pujols himself said Dotel is “three or four years” older than he. That would put Pujols’ actual birthdate in either 1977 or 1978.

Here's a link to the podcast with Albert

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sports-mlb-podcast-albert-pujols-basebrawls-bryce-harpers-future-150050489.html

17 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Well this may be something....

https://www.baseballprospectus.com/news/article/39462/rubbing-mud-aging-angel/

Did Albert accidentally reveal that he's older than his listed age?

Here's a link to the podcast with Albert

https://sports.yahoo.com/yahoo-sports-mlb-podcast-albert-pujols-basebrawls-bryce-harpers-future-150050489.html

Shocking. /sarcasm

21 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

btw, his career numbers in places like Minute Maid Park are excellent... 

I feel like I don't watch the Angels practically at all, and I hear that all the time.

What I don’t understand Yk is you hate our announcers, you hate Albert, why don’t you simply watch the game without sound rather than be irritated?   Everyone on this site has watched enough baseball to not need their input to enjoy the game?   Just a question.  

12 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

What I don’t understand Yk is you hate our announcers, you hate Albert, why don’t you simply watch the game without sound rather than be irritated?   Everyone on this site has watched enough baseball to not need their input to enjoy the game?   Just a question.  

I *like* victor, but it's not a bad point.

Weird thing is, when I have a bet or a parlay on a game, like an NFL game, I usually do have the sound down.