• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maybe we shoulda just held onto these guys...

To make you happy, tell the teams that passed up on drafting Trout in 2009 MLB Draft on how they feel about not having him on their team.

Santana is the only guy who I feel kind of feel confident in putting up a good season. Santiago is a mediocre pitcher at best who is riding his usual one hot streak per year. Same with Vargas. Vargas and Santiago both have never had a good season in their careers.

51 minutes ago, HaloFromVegas said:

Meanwhile in Minnesota and Kansas City this year:

Hector Santiago: 1.47 ERA/ 18.1 IP
Ervin Santana: 0.34 ERA/ 22IP
Jason Vargas: 0.66 ERA/ 13.2IP

And I'm sure we would have wildly enjoyed Santana's 80 game suspension and Vargas' Tommy John Surgery too.

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's been great in the minors but awful in the bigs. 

Sounds familiar.

there are a few guys that Jerry traded who were not prospects at the time but had some potential.  With the number of deals he cut, you are bound to have a few players pan out.  Pestano is one I'd like to have right now  in that he's probably a better candidate for the 5th spot vs. Ramirez or he could be a nice arm out of the pen.  

would he make a huge difference right now?  probably not.  

2 minutes ago, NorCal Halo said:

I miss Trumbo and Trumbombs.

Maybin is outslashing Trumbo so far this year.

But yeah, Trumbo's deal wasn't really that bad, and even though he's very one-dimensional, he would have been an alright add. Hopefully one of Cron/Marte can really emerge as a 20-30 HR guy this year to negate that loss.

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Maybin is outslashing Trumbo so far this year.

But yeah, Trumbo's deal wasn't really that bad, and even though he's very one-dimensional, he would have been an alright add. Hopefully one of Cron/Marte can really emerge as a 20-30 HR guy this year to negate that loss.

One dimensional tag is unfair