• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maybe we shoulda just held onto these guys...

21 hours ago, CALZONE said:

Oh and going back in time, if pigheaded Arte would've just given Torii Hunter a one year qualifying offer we would've avoided the entire Josh Hamilton experience. $125M could've brought in a couple of good arms. 

So the guys that signed Hamilton would some how now be able to sign the right pitchers

12 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Yes. That's a 4.24 era and only a 1.050 whip. That qualifies as at least OK in my book when many here were laughing at the idea of him trying to compete still. 

He has been ok, but there is no way in hell his whip will be anywhere near 1.050 if he pitches a complete season.

He gave up 37 HRs last year and is on pace this year to give up 50 if he pitches the same amount of innings. 

most veteran pitchers can "compete", but that doesn't mean they'll be very good. 

Edited by Lou

Here's one for you ladies and gentlemen...

who remembers Darren O'Day? Heck if I know why he was shipped out after a year here, and it's too late for me to look it up...but he has pitched in 499 games as of today and has a lifetime era of 2.47 and a whip of 1.03.. 

http://m.mlb.com/player/503285/darren-oday

1 minute ago, Homebrewer said:

Here's one for you ladies and gentlemen...

who remembers Darren O'Day? Heck if I know why he was shipped out after a year here, and it's too late for me to look it up...but he has pitched in 499 games as of today and has a lifetime era of 2.47 and a whip of 1.03.. 

http://m.mlb.com/player/503285/darren-oday

He got taken in the Rule 5 draft

Haven't seen any Brewer games, but looks like Bandy's struggling defensively as much as he is succeeding offensively. Passed balls, errors, runners stealing...

He was red hot with the bat last year the first time around the league and really nose-dived there at the end. I still think he's got a nice career ahead of him, but I'm not ready to think he's Napoli's Heir. 

• 1 month later...