• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

15 hours ago, Jason said:

I hope the GOP wins it

The whole "qualified to run under the constitution" is a completely disingenuous position. 
The constitution defines three requirements:
natural born
resident for 14 years
at least 35 years old
Thats it, nothing about taxes or any other nonsense.  
Not to mention the state over stepping its rights, but thats another discussion im sure.

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you converted it to cash, it would fill up 17 bulletin trains.

I hate standing and removing my hat...pretty much the whole charade. But, I do it anyway. I suppose the way that Richard Dawkins identifies as culturally Christian, I'm culturally patriotic. 

On a call right now with a lobbyist hired by a big client of mine. He's telling us how he had to donate to campaigns of certain CA legislators and what other promises he's made for them to amend some regulations that hurt our businesses. He's so nonchalant about it. Hilarious.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Riiiiight, lol
But lets indulge for a moment, even if true, WTF does it have to do with literally anything?
What El Salvador is ok but not Texas?  I feel like were living the "we dont want the Irish" scene from Blazing Saddles here... 

33 minutes ago, floplag said:

Riiiiight, lol
But lets indulge for a moment, even if true, WTF does it have to do with literally anything?
What El Salvador is ok but not Texas?  I feel like were living the "we dont want the Irish" scene from Blazing Saddles here... 

Haha.  This is just too funny.

As home construction sputters, Gavin Newsom calls for rent caps and less red tape

Newsom called for the Legislature to pass his plan to steer $331 million the state received in 2012 from a lawsuit against financial institutions over unfair mortgage practices. Courts determined the state initially misspent the money and ordered Newsom and the Legislature to fix it.

California misspent $330 million that should have helped homeowners, court holds

California must use money it obtained from banks through a lawsuit over unfair mortgage practices to help homeowners after the state’s highest court rejected arguments from Gov. Gavin Newsom’s administration that it could use the money for other purposes.

State government received $410 million and set aside $331 million for programs to help homeowners with legal assistance and consumer education. But Gov. Jerry Brown and the Legislature instead used most of the money to pay off state debts from housing bonds.

So, he's going to double down and misspend the money again.  

24 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I don't know, I'd almost rather them use the money to pay down their stupid bonds than to 'help homeowners with legal assistance and consumer education'

10 hours ago, Tank said:

any chance we can ever get CALPERS removed? it's killing us. Glendale just paid out $41 mil a couple of weeks ago for our share.

CalPERS can pretty much do what they want because when they come up short they just go back to each city and make them pay more.  I remember reading an article some time back that talked about how I believe it was federal pensions that weren't as underfunded because their return assumptions were more realistic and in line with market expectations.  Pretty easy when you can just shrug your shoulders and pass the expense on to someone else.    

So was watching the news today.  Guess there was a shooting in Lancaster.  Police officer shot by a sniper from a mental hospital or residence or something.

So the Lancaster or whatever mayor is on.  He is adamant on closing the mental hospital now.  

Yes, just what Calolfornia needs is to close mental hospitals.  That's show em.

13 hours ago, gotbeer said:

So was watching the news today.  Guess there was a shooting in Lancaster.  Police officer shot by a sniper from a mental hospital or residence or something.

So the Lancaster or whatever mayor is on.  He is adamant on closing the mental hospital now.  

Yes, just what Calolfornia needs is to close mental hospitals.  That's show em.

I live up in Lancaster, guy literally opened fire on the sub station.   I hadnt yet heard where it came from but the fact that someone would open fire on a sheriff station is telling.  The more we villify cops, the more this is going to happen.  

9 hours ago, floplag said:

I live up in Lancaster, guy literally opened fire on the sub station.   I hadnt yet heard where it came from but the fact that someone would open fire on a sheriff station is telling.  The more we villify cops, the more this is going to happen.  

Yup opened fire.  

Pellet gun seized near scene of Lancaster deputy shooting, undergoing lab testing