• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It absolutely is, but im not surprised noone is saying much about it.  None dares speak out against the all mighty Dem in this state 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

"The voters of the State of California support the death penalty," Association President Michele Hanisee said in a statement Tuesday amid rumors about the governor's decision. "Governor Newsom, who supported the failed initiative to end the death penalty in 2006, is usurping the express will of California voters and substituting his personal preferences via this hasty and ill-considered moratorium on the death penalty."

It's not a deterrent as Newsom claims because it isn't ever enforced. Death row inmates have been executed only 13 times in the last 41 years here. They sit on death row forever, on our dime. If this penalty had been applied legally and judiciously, maybe the results are different.

The governor should not usurp the expressed (and repeated) will of the people he governs.

37 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

The death penalty needs to go away.  That being said I feel that Newsome should have to personally call all of the victims families and explain to them why he did what he did.

These decisions don't exist in a vacuum. 

Agreed. I'm against the death penalty, but Newsom is just doing this to fire up his base. It's the same kind of thing as Trump's wall.

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Pity he didnt find the souls of those murdered by these people in his search.  
Not to mention how his soul is more important than the voices of the people of the state which struck down this exact measure in general election a couple years back. 
But hey the almighty Dem can wield that exec order all day long and noones gonna say anything, but Trump was an asshole for using it based on his views.... makes sense. 

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

The whole thing has me conflicted. I’m no fan of the death penalty or executive orders but I can’t really think of a worse way to make decisions than to base them on the voice of the people. 

What's the voice of the people?  In 2016 voters defeated a measure to repeal the death penalty.  If voters feel different now that's fine get it back on the ballot for the next election cycle but the only voice of the people should be at election time and not polls or what someone "hears" in their circle.  

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

What's the voice of the people?  In 2016 voters defeated a measure to repeal the death penalty.  If voters feel different now that's fine get it back on the ballot for the next election cycle but the only voice of the people should be at election time and not polls or what someone "hears" in their circle.  

I mean by poll or ballot. The voice of the people is a horrible basis for making decisions 

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

he said in an interview that it was a moral decision for him. wondering how him and his party don't see a conflict between the two opinions.

Their argument is that unborn babies aren't humans with human rights, while criminals on death row are humans with human rights.

23 hours ago, Jason said:

3 hours ago, Tank said:

he said in an interview that it was a moral decision for him. wondering how him and his party don't see a conflict between the two opinions.

i'm fairly certain that it's been proven Newsome has no soul or morals.