• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

9 hours ago, Adam said:

The most important word for any individual American taxpayer, especially in California = ITEMIZE

Funny you should bring up itemize.  Next up on California's chopping block.  Making paper receipts illegal.  I wish I was joking on this.  But this was on the news today.  

I don't live in So Cal, so I'm sure I'm missing some of the finer details here.  Maybe you CA folks can help if I'm missing something.

• CA is a Dem haven
  • Los Angeles is a Dem haven
  • Both the state and the city are pro teachers and pro taxing the shit out of its residents
  • Yet, as much as they love them some teachers unions and as much as they collect an obscene amount of money from its residents, they're still (apparently) not paying the teachers enough money and now the teachers are on strike

Do I have that right, or am I missing some of the finer details?

6 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I don't live in So Cal, so I'm sure I'm missing some of the finer details here.  Maybe you CA folks can help if I'm missing something.

• CA is a Dem haven
  • Both the state and the city are pro teachers and pro taxing the shit out of its residents
  • Yet, as much as they love them some teachers unions and as much as they collect an obscene amount of money from its residents, they're still (apparently) not paying the teachers enough money and now the teachers are on strike

Spot on.

BTW our public schools rank #37 according to Forbes. Guess who ranked dead last?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/reneemorad/2018/07/31/states-with-the-best-public-school-systems/#1d4391893897

Funny-New-Mexico-Memes-4.jpg

Edited by Lhalo

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

• CA is a Dem haven

yeah, you pretty much got it right.

teachers are asking for a pay raise but even more for reduced classroom sizes, more library services, and more school nurses (among other things). there are plenty of stories of overcrowded rooms (35+ and even up to 45 kids in a single elementary class), lack of supplies, and teachers needing to buy many supplies out of their own pockets instead of having them supplied (as they should be) by the school or district.

one of my masters classes was taught by an administrator in the riverside unified district. said every year they got money for new computers, but had received so much money that they didn't need or couldn't spend each year, but since it was specified funds, it couldn't be spent anywhere else. they needed new textbooks, chairs, desks, etc. but couldn't buy them. they had so many new computers that he said several of them just sat in their original boxes in a storage area because they didn't need them and had no room for them.

It's just too bad LAUSD can't say, sorry we can't afford that.  Impass, insolvency.  You are all fired.  

But to @Geoff's original question.  You bullet points are easier like this.

• State is controlled by Dems, who think if it's broke, spend a higher more obscene amount of money on it, and hope it get's better.  

Less than 1% of the population doesn't have water that meets the states standards so I'm not surprised Newsom thinks it makes sense to tax everyone else to pay for it.  Good tax revenue stream that the state can mismanage and piss away.

" Newsom also recently proposed giving healthcare to young immigrants in the country illegally while bringing back a healthcare mandate that would fine those who opt out."

Spend, spend, spend followed by tax, tax, tax, tax, tax.  I read an article that talked about how a mild recession could impact the budget by 20B and a severe one could impact it by 40B.  When the next recession hits I can't wait to see what the knobs in Sacramento come up with when they're facing a deficit.