• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gavin Newsom to propose universal health care for Californians

You're not opposed to raising taxes on businesses and/or individuals to fund healthcare for others. Call it a whatever you'd like but in the end someone else is paying for it. Many people get more out of the system than they put in and "solutions" like this only further erode the middle class. They also make the state less appealing to many individuals and businesses. The tax more solution is bullshit yet it's the go to move of the left. More gas taxes that will get misused, more taxes imposed on cities to pay for pensions that are unsustainable and the list goes on. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You're not opposed to raising taxes on businesses and/or individuals to fund healthcare for others. Call it a whatever you'd like but in the end someone else is paying for it. Many people get more out of the system than they put in and "solutions" like this only further erode the middle class. They also make the state less appealing to many individuals and businesses. The tax more solution is bullshit yet it's the go to move of the left. More gas taxes that will get misused, more taxes imposed on cities to pay for pensions that are unsustainable and the list goes on. 

It's not just for "others" it's for everyone and many business's are already paying for it for their employees.  Depending on the way it's structured it doesn't have to be an additional burden.  For some businesses I imagine it could be a relief.   Anyway it's an ideological difference.  You have no faith in government.  I believe it can be an instrument to do good.  We have a gigantic complicated state that functions.  Albeit imperfectly.  I disagree with your assessment that government is a complete non functioning disaster.  I've said my piece.  I understand your position.  

Good stuff. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

It's not just for "others" it's for everyone and many business's are already paying for it for their employees.  Depending on the way it's structured it doesn't have to be an additional burden.  For some businesses I imagine it could be a relief.   Anyway it's an ideological difference.  You have no faith in government.  I believe it can be an instrument to do good.  We have a gigantic complicated state that functions.  Albeit imperfectly.  I disagree with your assessment that government is a complete non functioning disaster.  I've said my piece.  I understand your position.  

Good stuff. 

How often do even its good intententions go well?

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i agree with this. if you're a citizen, you should be covered. if you're not, pay your own way.

at some point, even the morons in sacramento have to realize they can't keep milking the same cow.

Calolfornia wants to not only keep milking the same cow, but all cows and bulls.

On 5/23/2017 at 7:26 PM, Lou said:

I have no idea if anyone feels the same as I do, but I really wish @Catwhoshatinthehat would post more. 

I have long felt he is one of the most articulate, smartest posters on this board. Nobody more frequently manages to make such perfect logical sense with their posts.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm guessing they'll add a tax to everything

i'm guessing there'll be an increase in sales tax, both state and local. probably a few other taxes as well "for the greater good."

they're going to tax the middle class out of the state/existence.

i don't want to stay here once i retire. i hope i'll be able to survive financially until then.

Edited by Tank

16 hours ago, Adam said:

This won't go anywhere. Still years and years away.

Hopefully.

I'll be out of here in a couple of years so it would be nice if the state doesn't flush itself before I can sell my house.