• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gavin Newsom to propose universal health care for Californians

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

I might just do that, especially if the Angels continue to suck. Nevada is an option too. 

By 2029, the Angels may follow.  By then, Vegas will have a football and NHL team.  Once they start selling out, baseball and basketball will follow. 

Yeah, it is passed on. Didn't know it was not just sales tax, though. The end result is the same.

We moved last July. Like any other place it has its pros and cons but is overall a pretty great place to live. Being a poor libtard teacher/counselor makes cost of living pretty gnarly, though. Not a surfer.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea how dare us not love being over taxed, only to have that money wasted. 

Fair enough. My largely joking comment was in relation to the dislike of Newsom and the resistance to universal healthcare. First of all, I don't get what's wrong with Newsom - seems like a good enough guy to me, as far as politicians go. Secondly, you're going to have to accept universal healthcare at some point - it isn't a matter of if, but when and how - especially in a lefty state like CA. Unless the Trump administration pushes us into a full-blown apocalypse, we're eventually going to progress in a way roughly similar to other developed countries. And universal healthcare is just a preliminary stage before basic income, which will be a necessity with increased automation. 

So here's the deal: automation is going to reduce jobs enormously over the next few decades. Universal healthcare is a given and only a matter of time. At some point we're going to have to think about how to implement a basic income. The point being, the right wing fantasy of every able body getting a job will be impossible because there simply won't be enough jobs to go around.

One of the flaws of conservatism is a lack of vision, especially with regards to the future. We may yet have an American golden age ahead of us, but it won't be through trying to recreate a past that never was. President Bannon, unlike your garden variety Republicans, doesn't even want to return us to the American boom years of the 1940s to 70s, because those years saw the very wealthy taxed 70-90%. He wants to return us to the 1920s or even earlier, when taxation was minimal to none, unions didn't exist, and business was dominated by a few tycoon oligarchs. Oh yeah, and blacks and women knew their place.

I have yet to see a conservative politician who didn't want to return us to some fantasy of the past.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

So here's the deal: automation is going to reduce jobs enormously over the next few decades. Universal healthcare is a given and only a matter of time. At some point we're going to have to think about how to implement a basic income. The point being, the right wing fantasy of every able body getting a job will be impossible because there simply won't be enough jobs to go around.

One of the flaws of conservatism is a lack of vision, especially with regards to the future. We may yet have an American golden age ahead of us, but it won't be through trying to recreate a past that never was. President Bannon, unlike your garden variety Republicans, doesn't even want to return us to the American boom years of the 1940s to 70s, because those years saw the very wealthy taxed 70-90%. He wants to return us to the 1920s or even earlier, when taxation was minimal to none, unions didn't exist, and business was dominated by a few tycoon oligarchs. Oh yeah, and blacks and women knew their place.

I have yet to see a conservative politician who didn't want to return us to some fantasy of the past.

Past fantasy, future fantasy... all nonsense