• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gavin Newsom to propose universal health care for Californians

22 hours ago, Tank said:

Any health care plan in this state is going to have to account for all the illegals the dems in this state love to cater to. That alone is going to make this expensive beyond practical.

Don't the Canadians in show biz already have health care, or at least coverage through SAG?

On 3/14/2017 at 11:38 AM, Angelsjunky said:

That's a bit myopic, but if I squint just right and assume only bad intentions on the part of Newsom and other advocates of it, I can see it.

There's always a good news, bad news - everything casts a shadow. I don't think we'll be able to find a healthcare system that is perfect, but I think some variation of single-player/universal is better than anything else I can imagine...at least that is realistic.

i won't disagree with you at all that it's a bit myopic, but i find myself asking "why does gov't want to be involved in the medical decisions of any of us?" it's a question all of us should ask. why do the people who can never put aside partisan politics and who sneak around the constitution at times and who authorize spying on the citizenry and have access to all of our information then need to turn around and be involved in our medical care?

mark my words - it's about control.

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

i won't disagree with you at all that it's a bit myopic, but i find myself asking "why does gov't want to be involved in the medical decisions of any of us?" it's a question all of us should ask. why do the people who can never put aside partisan politics and who sneak around the constitution at times and who authorize spying on the citizenry and have access to all of our information then need to turn around and be involved in our medical care?

It's subliminal. It's the nature of institution. The institution of government exists to control. How fast you drive your car, how much money you pay in taxes, how late you are allowed to buy beer. It's why governments in totalitarian nations have also replaced religion. It's not because they are trying to hurt people, its because it increases their ability to do things their way.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

It is likely both. There's always a dark and light side, good/bad, positive/negative. The positive of universal healthcare is just that: it is universal, everyone is taken care of. The negative probable result are issues of control and compulsion. I just don't think we can have the good without the bad, and in the case of universal healthcare, unless we're talking about enforced medical treatments and a narrowing of options, I think the good outweighs the bad - at least in theory (and in practice in the case of Europe).

4 hours ago, Tank said:

And yet, people are all for giving the government control of your medical records if you want to buy a gun. 

1 hour ago, colt4405 said:

I'm a construction foreman. Typical snowflake libtard who doesnt know the meaning of hard work.

Republicans assume a lot about people who disagree with them.

I don't know. I'm sure there are democrat AW members that would make assumptions about my genitals because of the firearms I own.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I actually just recovered from the flu, but I'm old fashioned: I don't go to the doctor unless I absolutely need to, and instead let the body heal itself. Didn't cost a penny.

In the old fashion days you would have died from your influenza.

On 3/16/2017 at 9:41 AM, colt4405 said:

I'm a construction foreman. Typical snowflake libtard who doesnt know the meaning of hard work.

Republicans assume a lot about people who disagree with them.

Or you were the guy who said and I quote, "what the fuck do you know about being a public school teacher"?