• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gavin Newsom to propose universal health care for Californians

At some point this will be the direction we end up nationally, would make sense to at least look at how it would be implemented in a state the size of California. You would certainly have a large risk pool and significant buying power to work with.

If you could offer businesses a fairly cost neutral way to roll employee healthcare costs and the management of those costs and benefits off their books I'm guessing you would get some interest.

51 minutes ago, red321 said:

At some point this will be the direction we end up nationally, would make sense to at least look at how it would be implemented in a state the size of California. You would certainly have a large risk pool and significant buying power to work with.

If you could offer businesses a fairly cost neutral way to roll employee healthcare costs and the management of those costs and benefits off their books I'm guessing you would get some interest.

Middle-class bend over.  

"It’s not necessarily something that can be adopted in all 58 counties, but it can be adopted .... where the majority of California’s population is.”

And what about the population in rural counties? Yeah, they get the deplorable treatment, marginalized and ignored because they are not a large enough voting block. Fuck this asshole.

“I think it’s a tremendous mistake,” said Pipes, also a Thomas W. Smith fellow in health care policy. “Californians would face an even greater tax burden ... and when government controls the amount of money being spent on health care, the demand is even greater so you get longer waiting lists and rationed care.”

A voice of reason but because it is the California legislature will ignore it like the Bullet to the Head train issue.

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

"It’s not necessarily something that can be adopted in all 58 counties, but it can be adopted .... where the majority of California’s population is.”

And what about the population in rural counties? Yeah, they get the deplorable treatment, marginalized and ignored because they are not a large enough voting block. Fuck this asshole.

There you have the typical liberal ideology in a nutshell.

16 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Thrash and squirm all you want, folks, but as far as universal healthcare in the US goes, it isn't a matter of if but when and how. Progress can be a bitch, but it is the way of things. 

i agree. it's all about control.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

i agree. it's all about control.

That's a bit myopic, but if I squint just right and assume only bad intentions on the part of Newsom and other advocates of it, I can see it.

There's always a good news, bad news - everything casts a shadow. I don't think we'll be able to find a healthcare system that is perfect, but I think some variation of single-player/universal is better than anything else I can imagine...at least that is realistic.

I am obviously not a fan of any kind of single payer/universal healthcare.  However if it happens, then this is exactly how it should happen.  It should be each state that decides.  

Regardless the middle-class and rural areas will get screwed.  (which is a big reason we have the orange prez.)