• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB - "No more dressing rookies up as women"

Spirit

Also, maybe I'm just a blow-hard, but now that I've reached my 30's and am well removed from college, I'm not willing to spend much time worrying about touchy people's feelings.  I'm going to call a duck a duck.

If rookies don't appreciate being dressed up as females and paraded in front of the media and fans, then find another occupation, because I guarantee you, there are THOUSANDS toiling in the minor leagues and MILLIONS elsewhere that would do just about anything to be in your spot. 

Political correctness is chief among things that get on my nerves.  Trying to overcomplicate simplicity. 

40 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Also, maybe I'm just a blow-hard, but now that I've reached my 30's and am well removed from college, I'm not willing to spend much time worrying about touchy people's feelings.  I'm going to call a duck a duck.

If rookies don't appreciate being dressed up as females and paraded in front of the media and fans, then find another occupation, because I guarantee you, there are THOUSANDS toiling in the minor leagues and MILLIONS elsewhere that would do just about anything to be in your spot. 

Political correctness is chief among things that get on my nerves.  Trying to overcomplicate simplicity. 

MLB gives zero shits about rookies, and I guarantee this change did not come from their complaints. This is about MLB not wanting it's media images dragged into gender debates or, perhaps, offending women. Be pissed about it if you want, but at least be pissed about the right thing.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Hey baseball do something important like figure out pace of play or find out why black dudes aren't playing the game anymore.  Fucking idiots.  

MLB can do more than one thing at a time.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Hey baseball do something important like figure out pace of play or find out why black dudes aren't playing the game anymore.  Fucking idiots.  

I can figure that out. They are too busy playing basketball and football. It's a faster route to the stardom and it has way more eyes watching it. Plus u can't just play baseball alone like u can running for football or shooting hoops for basketball. It's not a black thing it's a American societal thing where our attention spans are miniscule 

7 hours ago, Kevinb said:

I can figure that out. They are too busy playing basketball and football. It's a faster route to the stardom and it has way more eyes watching it. Plus u can't just play baseball alone like u can running for football or shooting hoops for basketball. It's not a black thing it's a American societal thing where our attention spans are miniscule 

You lost me at playing football alone.