• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels in on Turner!?!?!?!?!

Erstad Grit

29 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Or this is a message board that all walks of life come together and express their opinions. Opinions is what you'll get here and it's not a bakery so why try to sugar coat anything. Don't be mad when it's not something you want to hear. 

So you only want to give your opinion with out anyone giving theirs?  It works both ways Claude.

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

Or this is a message board that all walks of life come together and express their opinions. Opinions is what you'll get here and it's not a bakery so why try to sugar coat anything. Don't be mad when it's not something you want to hear. 

Indeed.  

Sanctimonious tripe is really easy to ignore but sometimes you gotta give them your opinion and then roll your eyes when someone else tries to tell you how message boards work.

Hope I'm doing it right.

3 hours ago, CALZONE said:

For some fans it's very difficult to understand why their favorite team won't sign their new favorite free agent. It's not rocket science. All Eppler has to do is look at the back of the players baseball card to see how good he is. ;)

i don't have a beef with you or your posts, but this is rather dismissive of contrary opinions and, personally, i don't like being spoken to like i'm a child.

i understand fully what my expectations are, and i understand that they don't align with my opinions. lastly, i understand fully that you don't know anymore than i do what the angels "plan" is, and your perspective is really just the easiest road to being "right".

keep in mind, this comes from a fan who keeps up daily with the angels, but if i don't believe in the product on the field, then i don't go to games. i'm perfectly comfortable with being called "fair weather" or whatever else, because i'm perfectly comfortable in the knowledge that the phrase has no meaning whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

So the question is, are the Angels really "in" on Turner or are we just...

wind windy pee piss peeing

Dunno about Turner -- but Fletch just tweeted this...

The had some preliminary talks with FA 2B Stephen Drew. That being said, he's one of many candidates. Nothing seems close. Carry on.

1 hour ago, ukyah said:

i don't have a beef with you or your posts, but this is rather dismissive of contrary opinions and, personally, i don't like being spoken to like i'm a child.

i understand fully what my expectations are, and i understand that they don't align with my opinions. lastly, i understand fully that you don't know anymore than i do what the angels "plan" is, and your perspective is really just the easiest road to being "right".

keep in mind, this comes from a fan who keeps up daily with the angels, but if i don't believe in the product on the field, then i don't go to games. i'm perfectly comfortable with being called "fair weather" or whatever else, because i'm perfectly comfortable in the knowledge that the phrase has no meaning whatsoever. 

Well it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular but it is amazing how some fans just expect Arte to fork out tons of money each and every year like that plan actually works. It's really easy to spend someone else's money. Arte has been reluctant to spend the past couple of seasons for a reason. 

We have no idea what his personal motivation is. We do know that we have a new GM that has his own plan and we should give him a chance to implement it. 

I've seen way too many Cespedes, Gordon, Upton and Heyward type threads each and every offseason. Hey I really wanted the Angels to sign Prince Fielder......but I've now adjusted and lowered my expectations about what high dollar "big splashes" really give you back in return. Mostly disappointment. 

I think Arte's been in the rodeo long enough to understand what underachieving employees can do to an organization. That, coupled with the City of Anaheim pulling the plug on his real estate deal probably hurt him. Just a thought.

And point taken. 

42 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dunno about Turner -- but Fletch just tweeted this...

The had some preliminary talks with FA 2B Stephen Drew. That being said, he's one of many candidates. Nothing seems close. Carry on.

This is the same Jeff Fletcher that told us during last years winter meetings that we were "in on numerous deals in the next ten days"

It's very clear that the Angels are willing to spend this off season. 

i have no problem with the team not going over the luxury tax. I think that's more than fair. 

Turner amongst others are on their radar it seems. It will be fun to see how it all plays out. 

Loving the off season so far. Personally, I would like to see a 20+ HR guy added to the lineup.  

I don't believe there's been any indication that Arte is willing to spend on premier free agents or exceed the luxury tax.  In fact everything from the last 3+ years indicates the opposite, that arte is not going to spend on major free agents and will move up against, but will not exceed the luxury tax. 

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

This is the same Jeff Fletcher that told us during last years winter meetings that we were "in on numerous deals in the next ten days"

not that @Jeff Fletcher needs my help, but his job is to report on what happens, not to create the story like they do over at cnn and espn.

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

It's very clear that the Angels are willing to spend this off season. 

i have no problem with the team not going over the luxury tax. I think that's more than fair. 

Turner amongst others are on their radar it seems. It will be fun to see how it all plays out. 

Loving the off season so far. Personally, I would like to see a 20+ HR guy added to the lineup.  

dgalArM.jpg

2 minutes ago, Billy_Ball said:

There's a big ol' question mark at the end of that headline though. 

I'm not expecting Turner but I do think the Angels have been giving him some serious consideration. He may not be the ideal fit for '17 but he'd be a pretty big addition to help with '18 and beyond.