• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I-I>illary..... run-of-the-mill victory, smackdown or most historic tank job ever? (official 2016 election gameday)

ABC

run-of-the-mill victory or smackdown?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Landslide?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Trump schlongs HRC

Heres my prediction.

Those who hate trump will soon care less about him, and find hes not going to do half the evil things he promised.

Those who voted for him will soon be totally let down by him, and find hes not going to do half the things (good or evil) he promised. 

Very little will change in any of our lives. 

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Heres my prediction.

Those who hate trump will soon care less about him, and find hes not going to do half the evil things he promised.

Those who voted for him will soon be totally let down by him, and find hes not going to do half the things (good or evil) he promised. 

If there aren't less brown people here in four years, most of his supporters will be disappointed.

Don't visit this board much but figured I'd post my thoughts somewhere far from the cesspool that is Facebook.

Look, I get it. The demographics that voted for Trump are frustrated over having been ridiculed and maligned for years; I don't need to be chided and told that I'm an insulated liberal that doesn't understand regular Americans. I lived in Georgia for 23 years and went to school in mostly white, conservative rural/suburban neighborhoods, and right now I'd take Romney or even Bush in a heartbeat. But why do these people choose to express themselves through racism, xenophobia, and hatred? Because all that's going to do is just confirm the view that these elitist liberals have of them. I spent the summer in Africa, and I'd honestly say the level of political discourse I witnessed there surpasses the vitriol and divisiveness I've seen leading up to this election. American politics is royally effed. 

Maybe now that Trump has been elected all of the rhetoric will die down and Trump can join the long list of boring establishment candidates just like all his predecessors, but what if it doesn't? As an immigrant and a Jew, I worry about me and my family's livelihood. What if the election emboldens his voter base even further? I actually had to call my parents and grandparents yesterday and tell them to be careful, in case someone overhears their accents and doesn't take kindly to it. I'm in a fortunate position where I can probably find full-time employment outside the US within the next year through my school. But what about the people that don't have the means? (As an aside, I'm really tired of the "If you don't like it, why don't you just leave?" logic. As someone who's currently exploring the process, you don't just catch the next flight out. Most countries have strict regulations on work visas, not to mention the massive logistical and cultural challenges). I hope this all turns out for the best and we can all get along, but I have accepted the reality that some of us just aren't welcome here. It's unfortunate that after leaving Russia to escape the persecution that we faced there, we might not be able to call the US a home either. 

/rant. Flame away.

10 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I actually had to call my parents and grandparents yesterday and tell them to be careful, in case someone overhears their accents and doesn't take kindly to it.

Are your parents and grandparents here legally? If so, I think you're overreacting. People aren't going to suddenly pick up their pitchforks and go hunting for some "foreigners who talk funny." 

Relax. You'll find that our presidential elections change very little in our day-to-day lives. 

Edited by Lou

13 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Don't visit this board much but figured I'd post my thoughts somewhere far from the cesspool that is Facebook.

Look, I get it. The demographics that voted for Trump are frustrated over having been ridiculed and maligned for years; I don't need to be chided and told that I'm an insulated liberal that doesn't understand regular Americans. I lived in Georgia for 23 years and went to school in mostly white, conservative rural/suburban neighborhoods, and right now I'd take Romney or even Bush in a heartbeat. But why do these people choose to express themselves through racism, xenophobia, and hatred? Because all that's going to do is just confirm the view that these elitist liberals have of them. I spent the summer in Africa, and I'd honestly say the level of political discourse I witnessed there surpasses the vitriol and divisiveness I've seen leading up to this election. American politics is royally effed. 

Maybe now that Trump has been elected all of the rhetoric will die down and Trump can join the long list of boring establishment candidates just like all his predecessors, but what if it doesn't? As an immigrant and a Jew, I worry about me and my family's livelihood. What if the election emboldens his voter base even further? I actually had to call my parents and grandparents yesterday and tell them to be careful, in case someone overhears their accents and doesn't take kindly to it. I'm in a fortunate position where I can probably find full-time employment outside the US within the next year through my school. But what about the people that don't have the means? (As an aside, I'm really tired of the "If you don't like it, why don't you just leave?" logic. As someone who's currently exploring the process, you don't just catch the next flight out. Most countries have strict regulations on work visas, not to mention the massive logistical and cultural challenges). I hope this all turns out for the best and we can all get along, but I have accepted the reality that some of us just aren't welcome here. It's unfortunate that after leaving Russia to escape the persecution that we faced there, we might not be able to call the US a home either. 

/rant. Flame away.

Holy over reaction batman. Wanna know why Trump won? Here:

14980603_1006678402792401_76151922902835

Hooollly shit. I find a lot of the rhetoric that came out of this election to be a little frightening, but let's not kid ourselves, racism beyond what we see on a typical post in this message board is not mainstream. Just because the KKK endorses Trump and Trump wins the election does not mean that we can expect him to make lynching great again. 

Some of thing things I've heard out of the left today have got me literally laughing out loud. Some Muslim lady on npr described yesterday as feeling like 9/11. Trump is a nationalist, Trump is a little authoritarian, but this is America in the 21st century, we will bitch and complain, a few more Mexicans with criminal records will get deported and we will move on. Mom and Dad aren't going to get reported to the G men for having a little accent and all the dark skinned Americans aren't going to get treated any differently than they already are.

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

My wife is Jewish and voted for Trump. She saw through the bullshit the media was promoting.

CNN was interviewing some people.  And one of Trumps goals is to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jeruselum.  That doesn't sound like an anti jew to me.  Actually sounds like he has balls to stand up to the middle east.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Heres my prediction.

I think what you'll find is that the 2020 election season will begin on Jan 22, 2017 with every loud mouth assclown who can maneuver into tv camera range spouting the most absurd crap he can come up with. It's now proven to be the way to get elected.

42 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I think what you'll find is that the 2020 election season will begin on Jan 22, 2017 with every loud mouth assclown who can maneuver into tv camera range spouting the most absurd crap he can come up with. It's now proven to be the way to get elected.

How can this possibly be true, Hillary lost. 

On 11/8/2016 at 3:00 PM, Tank said:

see Reagan vs. Mondale, 1984.

I think Mondale won a whopping 3 or 4 electoral votes.

He won 13, his home state of Minnesota (10) and the District of Columbia (3). It was the biggest landslide, with 1972 a close second. George McGovern won 17 electoral votes, Massachusetts (14) and DC (3).