• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official MLB Playoff Thread

On 10/22/2016 at 3:09 PM, Lou said:

Kevin is the guy who comes homes to find his buddy nailing his wife. 

He waits on the couch until they're finished then gives the guy a lift home. 

(read up on the history of how the dogs treated Autry when the Angels first joined MLB) 

Right down to having to use the visitors clubhouse from 1962-1965

Now that I correctly predicted Cubs/Indians, I'm available for stock advice.

Epic WS incoming in 7 hours!

One of two epic WS title droughts will be over soon.   Sorry Indians, but I want the 108 year-old one to end.

Any word on the status of Salazar and Bauer?   Although Merritt did very well, thank you.

25 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Salazar is active, from what I last heard, which is great news for the Indians.

Bauer is scheduled to pitch game 2 or 3, depending on how his finger feels and how live BP goes.

Salazar starting is definitely big news for the Indians and hopefully he avoids the struggles with control he experienced when he returned from a previous shut-down mid-year.  Its a shame Carrasco is injured as well...having something like Kubler/Lester, Salazar/Hendricks, Carrasco/Arrieta, and Tomlin/Lackey match-ups would make for some great baseball.  As it is, getting Salazar back even for just one start means they can avoid having to see Clevinger/Merrit or a BP game.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

One of two epic WS title droughts will be over soon.   Sorry Indians, but I want the 108 year-old one to end.

I was leaning that way at first, but with all the ridiculous Maddon threads popping up, I'm starting to reconsider.

I don't even want to imagine what this board will look like if the Cubs win

Surprised that no one touched on this one.

The last two NLCS outs came on a similar routine GIDP grounder to one that was booted by Alex Gonzalez in the pivotal 8th inning in 2003's NLCS game 6.   Even with Bartman's goof, if Gonzalez handles that GIDP cleanly, the Cubs likely win the 2003 NL pennant.

Gonzalez was a stand up man in future years though, manning up to it and doing all he could to take the focus off of Bartman.

15 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Surprised that no one touched on this one.

The last two NLCS outs came on a similar routine GIDP grounder to one that was booted by Alex Gonzalez in the pivotal 8th inning in 2003's NLCS game 6.   Even with Bartman's goof, if Gonzalez handles that GIDP cleanly, the Cubs likely win the 2003 NL pennant.

Gonzalez was a stand up man in future years though, manning up to it and doing all he could to take the focus off of Bartman.

If I'm Bartman, I go to every World Series game, home and away.