• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Deadline Thread

My asking prices:

Street: MLB ready SP, LF, 3B, or 2B prospect (in that order) plus a Gott-like AA reliever.
I'll take a little less upside for more of a sure thing, and to shed the salary. It'll come in handy this offseason.

Smith: Anyone from the 15-30 prospect range, going by MLB.com's Top 30 Prospect rankings. Seriously. Aim high.

Escobar: A top 100 prospect, preferably an arm, or two prospects who just miss that cut - an arm and a bat. An A or two B's.

I only move a SP if we are more or less willing to concede 2017 as a year for developing some prospects, and make moves accordingly. I understand it's not 'in the DNA' to rebuild, but I can still see them taking fliers on Lincecum-type SPs and a cheap vet or two like Jon Jay who can be flipped next deadline.

Santiago: A couple different routes, but we need at least one MLB-ready starter back. Someone a team isn't calling upon for this year's playoff stretch, but could make a couple Sept. starts and likely slot into the rotation on a 'retooling' 2017 Angels team. Also need one young bat, like a Jonathan Schoop. Toss in a couple lower-level guys with high upside. 

Shoe: Asking such a high price I can't even figure out what to write out here. I hold onto him and see if his value gets higher.

We can look at moving Shoe or Santiago next deadline to address any needs that have come up over that time.

40 minutes ago, SoWhat said:

@JeffPassan: Sign that the trade market has officially gotten out of hand: Jeremy Hellickson may well fetch at least three, and perhaps four, prospects.

If there's a few good prospects in that deal, the Angels should sell, IMO. Teams have been giving up a lot so far. Escobar, Street, Shoemaker and even Calhoun (if the price is right) should all be on the table. Just my opinion 

The OF market is actually looking pretty sluggish. I was one of the few that was relatively open to dealing Calhoun, but now isn't looking like the time. It would probably entail a massive three team deal where we were getting back two SPs and two OFs or a great young OF prospect with an IF. 

Latest is Rangers are pushing hard for Sale offering Gallo as the centerpiece but Chicago is pushing them to include Mazara as well, which would be a lot of talent to give up.  Rangers with a front three of Hamels, Sale, and Darvish would be pretty formidable come playoff time.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/07/mets-angels-discussing-joe-smith.html

The Mets and Angels are discussing trade scenarios centered around veteran righty Joe Smith, according to Marc Carig of Newsday (Twitter links). While Halos closerHuston Street is also in play, it doesn’t appear as if he’s drawing much interest from New York.

The Rangers could view a strike for Lucroy as a way to improve their pitching, given his highly-regarded work behind the plate, per Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. With Texas finding high asking prices on the pitching market, the report suggests, the club could make a move for a group of Milwaukee pieces that might include Lucroy, a quality reliever, and possibly even a starter.

this may interest some of you. carter capps, acquired by the padres in the cashner trade has a possibly illegal delivery. personally, i'm not one to invest too much mental energy into the little things, but i do think, from the hitter's mentality, that this is crossing the line into an unfair advantage.

They should trade Escobar, Smith, Santiago and (Street w/cash) for as many prospects as they can get. DFA Lincecum immediately. I'd even put Scioscia on the block just to see if he would draw any interest. His contract will expire before we become competitive again anyways and he probably has more tradeable value than the players I've mentioned. 

1 hour ago, CALZONE said:

They should trade Escobar, Smith, Santiago and (Street w/cash) for as many prospects as they can get. DFA Lincecum immediately. I'd even put Scioscia on the block just to see if he would draw any interest. His contract will expire before we become competitive again anyways and he probably has more tradeable value than the players I've mentioned. 

We're competitive now ... 1st in runs scored and 6th in ERA for the month of July. :)

The Nationals have struck a deal to acquire Pirates closer Mark Melancon, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports (links to Twitter). Southpaw Felipe Rivero is one of the players heading to Pittsburgh in return, per Rosenthal, with lefty pitching prospect Taylor Hearn also going to Pittsburgh, Jon Heyman of Fan Rag tweets.

The Mets have made a three-player offer to the Brewers in a bid to land catcher Jonathan Lucroy, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports on Twitter. That package would be centered around current Mets receiver Travis d’Arnaud, with outfielder Brandon Nimmo or a “comparable” player constituting the second player on offer.

Pads trying to trade Kemp and willing to eat most of his salary.  He'd be an interesting option paying about 8-10mil per season for the next three years.  But damn.  He's walked 16 times in 431 PA  this year and has a .285 obp.  that's just downright turrible.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Pads trying to trade Kemp and willing to eat most of his salary.  He'd be an interesting option paying about 8-10mil per season for the next three years.  But damn.  He's walked 16 times in 431 PA  this year and has a .285 obp.  that's just downright turrible.  

How is that an interesting option. 285 obp is pretty horrible. You could get that from

league minimum guys 

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Not sure I'd want him for free. With a guy like that you are obligating yourself to give him PA's and not going out and getting a legit LFer.

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

It seems like the Braves are trying to buy low and use them as fillers until actual prospects progress to the Major League level. If in the interim someone like Kemp has a good 1st half they will sell them at the trade deadline. Otherwise it is not a big investment for them in all likelihood and either bridges the gap for a real solution or provides a small return at some later date.

2 hours ago, ettin said:

Have to believe that Lorenzo Cain is on the trade block as Burns could bridge the gap to Bubba Starling. Wouldn't be surprised if the Nationals went after Cain.

Bubba Starling hasn't done anything in the minors to suggest he's going to be anything in the majors