• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Escobar Might be Traded

JoJo26

A dozen errors officially...but I could count on a few more

His pussy attempt at the grounder Sunday - Someone put up a Roger Dorn card on the game thread. That was perfect.

His showboating on the base paths ("I'm safe" signal)

His silly ass haircut....what you? 16 dude?

His antics after making an out (banging his helmet...hissy fit....you're a pro)

His lack of running a full speed to first. This is not a recent occurrence. 

He seems to be not a popular fella on the team - as I see him at games or on the boob tube sitting by himself. 

His anti-Eckstein / Figgy leadoff responsibility as leadoff.....don't just Mickey Hatcher hack at pitch one....Saturday - he did that twice - his first two ABs. Take a pitch dude.

And Finally - his very unprofessional behavior Sunday with his dirt writing/cussing/yelling at the 3rd base or HP ump...plus his Curse Quotes after the game.

Dude makes this guy look like a model citizen....

jose.jpg

What matters is he stays healthy, continues to hit and can be traded for something of value.  

Vernon Wells was supposed to be a good dude and a hell of a teammate...and he utterly sucked. Hopefully, his recent behavior ensures his departure to a contender with prospects who can help the Angels in the future

He had an attitude problem in Washington.  I think in addition to that he's frustrated playing for a team that's losing this year.  He gets to a ball and it skirts away.  He gets to a ball and throws it away.  He runs the bases and gets thrown out. I think he'd do better on a contender.  He'd pay better attention to what he's doing on the field.  

1 hour ago, JoJo26 said:

A dozen errors officially...but I could count on a few more

His pussy attempt at the grounder Sunday - Someone put up a Roger Dorn card on the game thread. That was perfect.

His showboating on the base paths ("I'm safe" signal)

He seems to be not a popular fella on the team - as I see him at games or on the boob tube sitting by himself. 

His anti-Eckstein / Figgy leadoff responsibility as leadoff.....don't just Mickey Hatcher hack at pitch one....Saturday - he did that twice - his first two ABs. Take a pitch dude.

And Finally - his very unprofessional behavior Sunday with his dirt writing/cussing/yelling at the 3rd base or HP ump...plus his Curse Quotes after the game.

Dude makes this guy look like a model citizen....

jose.jpg

5 teams since 2010 and 3 different teams in the last 3 years tells me all I need to know about 'here today gone tomorrow' Escobar..

His showboating on the base paths on the base paths ("I'm safe" signal)

And Finally - his very unprofessional behavior Sunday with his dirt writing/cussing/yelling at the 3rd base or HP ump...

LOL

19 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don't get the hate. 

He owns the best BA of all 3B in the AL currently and is a good leadoff hitter.  His defense is not the best, but he not bad either. He's made some spectacular plays at the hot corner this season.

His defense isn't bad? I've only ever seen one worse 3B and that was Trumbo. He is awful defensively.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

we can trade Escobar...

then go right back to looking for someone to play 3B.... and another one to bat leadoff. you know, like we had been doing for about a decade. 

So we keep him next year, when we are going to be terrible anyway, and let him leave for nothing ... or we re-sign a 35-year-old who is already a defensive liability. Why would we want to follow either of those paths?

because the Halos are SELLERs and they don't have a lot else of trade value (Hector Santiago) for other teams.

Escobar can produce at the plate, has shown he can handle the lead off or number two spot and can be a DH. back up 3B for a contending team -- and would be a good PH off the bench in AL/NL match ups at NL parks.

I wouldn't have him using his glove much, though - perhaps early innings.

14 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

So we keep him next year, when we are going to be terrible anyway, and let him leave for nothing ... or we re-sign a 35-year-old who is already a defensive liability. Why would we want to follow either of those paths?

just because you believe the team will be terrible next season ... doesn't mean crap. 

I think you know what the plan is for next season. There's a possibility he will be traded but not because of your opinion for next season. 

He very well could be traded based on what next year looks like.  If we had a strong team going into next year then Escobar makes a lot of sense in a DH capacity.  Since a ton of things will need to go right for us to be a solid playoff contender they have to be open to moving him.