• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why Escobar Might be Traded

JoJo26

Ettin and Lou, maybe a good comparison would be like trying to sell your house. There are comps and market tend say selling in certain months maximizes return, but there is no sure way to say what you'll get for it. No agent can give you an exact dollar amount you'll get.

12 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Lou, instead of questioning everything and accusing someone of making something up, why don't you research it yourself if you don't believe it? Google is your friend.

First of all, I will always question something that is unclear or unsubstantiated. That is why I question you all the time. You do nothing but spout off ridiculous claims that have no merit. Unlike ettin, however, when someone asks you to back up your inane comments, you disappear. 

Also, I wasn't accusing him of making it up. The operative words in my sentence were "sounds like". I merely wanted to see how he came up with +30% .  You see, ettin has proven himself to be a writer, and a good one at that. I was fairly certain he didn't just pull the number out of his ass - a practice that must hit home with you. I was also fairly certain that because of this, he would have the information at hand, which he did. 

So, the lesson for today is learning the meaning "sounds like", which you should have learned before entering any type of formal education. 

Finally, if Google was my only friend, based upon your interactions here, i'd wager you'd still trail me in the standings.

Anyone think Escobar could be the center piece of a trade for Michael Conforto?

Mets are in a tight race for a WC spot. They need a 3B with Wright injured. Escobar isn't that expensive and they could move on from him after this season if they trust Wright's health or after next season if they don't. The Mets have a glut of corner outfielders and need to move one. The Mets line up is heavily left handed and getting a righty bat like Escobar would be nice for them.

The glut has resulted in scattered playing time for Conforto and he has "struggled" to a 93 OPS+. But as a rookie the year before he posted a 130 OPS+. I think he would be able to get that playing time here and another lefty bat would be good.

https://theringer.com/michael-conforto-new-york-mets-outfield-9196d27e5776#.7213ttzfg