• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brexit

1 hour ago, HaloMagic said:

If the EU works to make the UK struggle then leaving the EU wouldn't look so desirable to other nations. If I'm the EU I make sure Britain feels this exit. It's the only chance I have at staying together.

France and the Netherlands both want out. Once France leaves it's all over. 

What avenue do those countries have to exit? A direct vote by the people like in the UK? And what sparks that direct vote? The people may want to leave. I'm not convinced most politicians do. Not sure how it works there but if the government can convince the people to hold out just looking enough to see the UK stumble they may change their tune. I guess we'll find out.

I have no doubts there will be a lot of threats, attempted follow through on those threats and so on just like any ugly divorce.  In the end though money will win out.  The threats are cute but the EU can't just flip a switch and cut off the UK who will find other places to do business.  Obviously any country or economic group can make it more difficult and expensive for others to do business but it's ultimately not in their best interest in the long run, especially when you're talking about one of the biggest economies in the world.  

47 minutes ago, HaloMagic said:

What avenue do those countries have to exit? A direct vote by the people like in the UK? And what sparks that direct vote? The people may want to leave. I'm not convinced most politicians do. Not sure how it works there but if the government can convince the people to hold out just looking enough to see the UK stumble they may change their tune. I guess we'll find out.

I'm guessing that if Marine ale Pen is elected president she'll hold a similar referendum. 

• 2 weeks later...

The new U.K. PM Theresa May is pretty impressive.

Even though she herself supported "Remain" she acknowledges that:  "The campaign was fought... and the public gave their verdict. There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door.... Brexit means Brexit."

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

The new U.K. PM Theresa May is pretty impressive.

Even though she herself supported "Remain" she acknowledges that:  "The campaign was fought... and the public gave their verdict. There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door.... Brexit means Brexit."

She is all for the nanny state including additional surveillance on all citizens.  https://www.newscientist.com/article/2096642-next-pm-theresa-may-often-demands-the-scientifically-impossible/?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1468251325

On 7/14/2016 at 1:15 AM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Talked to some people from the UK this week. They all said they were against brexit. 

I have two regular contacts in the UK, and they were on the exit side. The country was pretty evenly divided on the issue, which is what makes it tough.

Opening their doors to immigrants that don't need passports is probably starting to change the minds of the half that want to stay in the EU. As more attacks on France continue the open borders are less and less attractive.

6 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I have two regular contacts in the UK, and they were on the exit side. The country was pretty evenly divided on the issue, which is what makes it tough.

What a bunch of clowns they are over there.  Having a country that's basically divided right down the middle on politics.  

Dummies 

• 2 years later...