• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brexit

2 hours ago, Jay said:

The smart play for Scotland is to stay put and wait for the dust to settle. I wouldn't be surprised to see Germany move in the direction of an exit. They have serious concerns about immigration and they have strong nationalist roots.

If Germany leaves, then you're looking at a fatal blow to the EU. Germany is the financial backbone of the EU. And let's not even imagine how the markets would react if they pulled out.

6 hours ago, IEAngelfan said:

If Germany leaves, then you're looking at a fatal blow to the EU. Germany is the financial backbone of the EU. And let's not even imagine how the markets would react if they pulled out.

Germany or France.  France seems ripe to leave also.  It's only been headaches for them, and let's not forget all the clashes with the Muslim community before the bombings. 

Farage was awesome.  And anyone notice that when he said the UK wouldn't be the last nation to leave, you heard some applause.  Sounds like some countries aren't happy.  Especially when he brought up how things were passed, with countries like France objecting and they were ignored. 

23 minutes ago, HaloMagic said:

I can't really get on board with him when he says that not working out a trade deal would be worse for continental Europe than for the UK. You live on an island. You need a trade deal to survive.

He knows that. He's simply posturing for negotiations.

Any trade deal with the EU will be temporary anyway. Eventually the deals will be made with individual countries as the council in Brussels dissolves into oblivion.

1 hour ago, HaloMagic said:

I can't really get on board with him when he says that not working out a trade deal would be worse for continental Europe than for the UK. You live on an island. You need a trade deal to survive.

A lot of wealth is in the UK.  Has been for centuries.  . 

You look at consumer spending.  It's the US first, China, Japan, Germany, UK, France.  If the EU cuts off the UK, that would be cutting off the 5th largest economy.  UK will just turn towards the US, China and Japan to do trade with.  Not to mention all their other allies like Canada, India, South Africa, etc. 

Just think of it this way.  If I'm the US and Canada, I'm hoping the EU cuts off the UK.  Then I'd talk to them about having a FTA.  The two NA countries could supply everything that the 20+ euro countries supplied.  It would be a huge boost to our economy.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just think of it this way.  If I'm the US and Canada, I'm hoping the EU cuts off the UK.  Then I'd talk to them about having a FTA.  The two NA countries could supply everything that the 20+ euro countries supplied.  It would be a huge boost to our economy.

But Obama said this (skip to 2:25)

While it would be a boost to the economy to enter into a FTA with the UK, the problem is that there are a lot more people in the EU, and potentially a much bigger market - including important trade partners like Germany. We have to be careful not to set off a trade war with the EU in any negotiations with the UK.

What's best for the UK is trade agreements with the EU. What's best for the EU is for the world to see the UK suffer. If the world doesn't see that then there very well may not be a EU for much longer. The EU needs to do everything it can to make Britain feel this. Their very existence depends on it. Not saying they should exist but if they want to then they know what they need to do.