• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brexit

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Sure they'll 'figure it out' but it's going to be a huge economic negative when they do and potential chaos before then.

It will eventually be a positive because British citizens will be able to conduct business without some asshole in Belgium telling them how they can and can't do it.

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

And yet the terms of their exit from the EU are being dictated to them from Brussels. 

Theresa May and her ilk are trying their hardest to make as many concessions to the EU as possible, but in the end it will most likely be a hard exit allowing the old rules to die off and new terms to be agreed upon.

38 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yes, but these people didn't think things through.

Who didn't think things through?  When it was passed there was talk voters who were in favor of staying in the EU didn't think it would pass so they stayed home.  I guess they didn't think it through or think it was worth getting off their asses for.  Being a member of the EU means giving up some autonomy and being impacted more when members like Italy, Greece and so on can't get their own financial house in order.  As of 2016 the UK is the 3rd largest contributor to the EU budget and it's estimated that in 2019 they'll have the 5th largest economy in the world based on GDP.  Personally I don't care if the UK ends up staying or leaving as I can see pros or cons for both but I think they'll be fine either way once the dust settles.  Doesn't mean there won't be growing pains if they leave but they've already kind of dealt with the growing pains of being a member and giving up some of their power.      

54 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Theresa May and her ilk are trying their hardest to make as many concessions to the EU as possible, but in the end it will most likely be a hard exit allowing the old rules to die off and new terms to be agreed upon.

It's ridiculous to put this at the feet of May. She is not in a position to dictate terms to the EU.

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's ridiculous to put this at the feet of May. She is not in a position to dictate terms to the EU.

This whole show is kabuki theater. The people voted to leave the EU. Time to quit jerkin' around and rip the damn band aid off.

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, UndertheHalo said:

if I was living in the UK I would be genuinely scared of a no deal exit.  What are the odds that Facking Boris Johnson and Nigel Farrage don’t hang around for that shit.  fuc*cking moronic cowards.  

Ohs noes! Whatever will they do without directions from Brussels?!!