• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

No QO means he becomes a UFA I think.  Might be wrong on that though.

right.

but QO means salary arbitration is now an option (which means the team has to give up some control and be forced to go with whatever salary the arbitration board selects).

the team offers the QO at 100% (or 105% if they're young), and the player can accept it, or decline and go to arbitration and try to get more.

with pirri i think GMBM didn't want to risk his 22 goals from a couple years ago possibly raising his value with the board.

so i think he tries and signs him as a UFA to just slightly over the QO amount.

I think the ducks are going to go into the season with a few rookie forwards to fill the holes and wont make a big splash signing for the offense.  With the expansion draft coming up anybody we sign is just another body we might lose in the expansion draft.  We go into this season and play a lot of the kids to see who has a future with this team.  Try and dump stoner on someone around the trade deadline for a pick and then go all in next season after we don't have to worry about losing the newly acquired players the LV. 

Best Restricted Free Agency Targets

They bring up some interesting things about who can bid for RFA's.  I guess, for instance, if you were going to lose your 1, 2, 3 picks, you have to have those picks available in the next draft to lose.  So a few teams would be eliminated from consideration. 

But this Penguin blog brings up that Lindholm would be worth losing a 1, 2, 3 pick.

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Well, Fowler probably could have probably pulled down Hall after all.

The winner in the Edmonton/NJ trade is Larsson, he gets to leave the franchise that had the worst farm system.

Larsson somehow has a worse shot than Fowler, 3 goals in 82 games is bad but he should get alot of assists feeding the puck to McDavid.

If Schneider has a Vezina season & the guys in front of him score enough they could sneak into the playoffs but they really need to rebuild that franchise's farm system & they haven't drafted good except when they have a top5 pick.

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Last day before FA'cy.  I'm still worried about the Rakell and Lindholm situation. 

Worst case is we have to match someone else's offer.  We have until the end of the summer to sign them.

they'll be fine. offer sheets never happen anymore. 

if they agree to one we will just match it. plus we can offer over 5 years, offer sheets are basically capped at 5 years given the structure of how they determine draft pick compensation.

my gut is rakell gets bridge deal similar to hertl: 2 years, $2.5m-$3m.

lindholm gets similar to seth jones: 6-7 years for $4.5m-$5.5m.

Ducks need to spend more this year so they can leave more salary exposed in the expansion draft. Sign a low cost FA to a 2year deal like Chimera & leave him exposed during the draft. You have to leave 2 forwards & 1 D exposed that played 40+ games previous season. I'd leave Cogliano exposed cause of the salary & he hasn't gone back to that 15 to 18 goal scorer he once was.

Seems Edmonton didn't want to trade in the same division but their fans would feel much more happy about getting Fowler than Larsson. Fowlers speed is something that would fit with those Forwards Edmonton has.

signing Rakell and Lindholm (im very confident they will sign) should leave us somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 to 8 million below the cap.  We can afford one big forward for sure.  Still think theres a solid chance Fowler gets traded, especially with some of the other names off the market now.  What that trade returns is the question. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

signing Rakell and Lindholm (im very confident they will sign) should leave us somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 to 8 million below the cap.  We can afford one big forward for sure.  Still think theres a solid chance Fowler gets traded, especially with some of the other names off the market now.  What that trade returns is the question. 

If we trade Fowler, I would have to think it's for an impact LW.  With Perron and McGinn FA's, that's our big gaping hole. 

It's FA time.  Let's see what the rumors say.

Huge If True: Boston and giant tease of NHL offer sheets

Something I didn't know about offer sheets.  This is quite interesting in how it's calculated.

Okay, $47 million. Let’s say that’s not the minimum number, and just the number, because anything more than that would be crazy. If you get him for seven years, you’re basically saying you think he’s worth $6.7 million a year. Is Trouba that good? I don’t really think so, yet. Is Boston that desperate for a defenseman? That’s a different discussion entirely.

But as far as the NHL is concerned (or more specifically, the collective bargaining agreement between the NHL and NHL Players Association) the AAV would be the equivalent of $9.4 million, because you divide the total value of the deal by whatever is less: the actual term of the deal, or the number 5.

So in this particular example, Jets would get Bostons next 4 first round picks.