• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

I'm happy with the Vatanen deal. Assuming a D-Man gets traded, I really hope it is Fowler or Despres. Despres might be impossible to trade with his contract though so Fowler is the best of the realistic options.

Man, reading some of the comments on the Vatanen deal. 

Leafs fans think that the Ducks will trade them Andersen and Fowler with some of them going as far as saying and a #1 pick for James Van Riemdsyk.  I'd rather sign Perron for $3-4 million and trade Andersen and Fowler for lots of picks than do that trade.

great signing!

no reason whatsoever to not lock him up. now get rakell and lindholm locked up as well.

andersen is gone, no need to keep him with the expansion draft coming.

toronto fans have been trying to get us to overpay for JVR for years. agreed perron is better use of money than JVR. 

word around the campfire is the owners are thinking they'll be a cap team for the next 3-4 years, basically just go for it with this team. they want to keep the big 3 lindholm, fowler and vatanen. which is doable if they spend.

3 hours ago, mrwicked said:

great signing!

no reason whatsoever to not lock him up. now get rakell and lindholm locked up as well.

andersen is gone, no need to keep him with the expansion draft coming.

toronto fans have been trying to get us to overpay for JVR for years. agreed perron is better use of money than JVR. 

word around the campfire is the owners are thinking they'll be a cap team for the next 3-4 years, basically just go for it with this team. they want to keep the big 3 lindholm, fowler and vatanen. which is doable if they spend.

Until Fowler's contract is up & they sign & trade him to have room for future RFA salary of Theodore.

Also if they moved Bieksa, after the season they have to trade Manson or lose him to the expansion draft.

They have to leave 2 forwards & 1 D unprotected that played at least 40 games previous season so they could have Wagner spend 40 games on the 4th line.

40 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Until Fowler's contract is up & they sign & trade him to have room for future RFA salary of Theodore.

Also if they moved Bieksa, after the season they have to trade Manson or lose him to the expansion draft.

They have to leave 2 forwards & 1 D unprotected that played at least 40 games previous season so they could have Wagner spend 40 games on the 4th line.

I really think they are going to trade Fowler.  He has huge value, but the Ducks can't afford everyone.  Plus he's a UFA after 2 years, so his value is at an all time high.

• Lindholm/Vatannen probably top line
  • Bieska/Theodore second line (although they both play left)

Third line is up for grabs.  Stoner/Manson.  Because I believe that Depres (5/$18.5) will be packaged with Gibson/Andersen.  Also remember, you have Montour and guys like Larsson.  If you go r/l, Bieska/Montour and Theodore/Stoner?  We just have too many Dmen.

As for the offense

C

• Getzlaf
  • Kessler
  • Thompson IR
  • Rakell (hopefully we sign him)

RW

• Perry
  • Silfverberg
  • Garbutt
  • Wagner

LW

• Cogs
  • Ritchie

2 of Perron/Pirri/Mcginn would help.  Ideally I think Pirri at 2/$4 total, and see if Perron would go 2/$8? 

Thinking about it more.  they could just keep Fowler and do a Fowler/Bieska and a Theodore/Stoner.  Depres is still coupled though.

Edited by gotbeer

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I really think they are going to trade Fowler.  He has huge value, but the Ducks can't afford everyone.  Plus he's a UFA after 2 years, so his value is at an all time high.

• Lindholm/Vatannen probably top line
  • Bieska/Theodore second line (although they both play left)

Third line is up for grabs.  Stoner/Manson.  Because I believe that Depres (5/$18.5) will be packaged with Gibson/Andersen.  Also remember, you have Montour and guys like Larsson.  If you go r/l, Bieska/Montour and Theodore/Stoner?  We just have too many Dmen.

Bieksa shoots Right according to his player profile on NHL so they could do Theodore/Bieksa. The more we look at it, Bieksa as a RH shot is worth keeping around for another season but will have to be bought out later to allow them to protect Theodore(is he exempt from draft ?) or Manson.

Quite interesting they have so much Right shooting D-men in the depth chart.

RH: Vatanen, Bieksa, Manson, Montour.

LH: Lindholm, Theodore, Fowler, Larsson, Stoner, Despres.

80% Canadian players are Left handed shooting & even higher among D-men so its interesting how many Canadian Ducks are Right shooting: Perry, Getzlaf, Bieksa, Manson, Montour. Its usually Americans that shoot from the Right side & Europeans are usually Left shots as well but then there is Rakell, Silfverberg & Vatanen & Selanne when he played.

7 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

We all knew this was coming with Freddie and I'm confident it's the right decision but I'm sad to see him go. Is anyone else a little underwhelmed by the return we got?

Honestly I was hoping they'd use him to dump Despres contract on someone but they can still do that with Fowler + Despres to Edmonton but if they trade the 24th & 30th pick for a higher pick (like #15) to draft a good center I'll be happy.

I suppose reloading with picks is the prudent thing to do and is how we have built this sustained success. I guess part of me just wanted to really take a chance now and roll the dice while guys like Perry and Kesler are still young enough to be really good.

Great deal for Freddie. Had to do it with expansion draft coming. 

lol Nash for fowler? A young top pairing D at $4m for an over priced winger? Maybe if they retain 50% and include a pick. He did play w getz during the Olympics though.

i would rather trade for a center to play between rakell and Perry. Bjugstad on Florida for example, he's a beast. Could have done that straight up for vatanen, but for fowler they would have to add since he's prob more valuable than vats given his contract. 

i would do fowler for hall or RNH if they retained a bit. But no one in the west wants to be the team to help the oilers would with their D debacle.

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Honestly I was hoping they'd use him to dump Despres contract on someone but they can still do that with Fowler + Despres to Edmonton but if they trade the 24th & 30th pick for a higher pick (like #15) to draft a good center I'll be happy.

Moving up sounds ideal.  Could it be 24th, 30th, and Despres to move up even higher?  My thoughts is Muray has a plan, like always, and we will probably be blown away with it.  or not.  Either way, I like we are getting things done before the end of the month.

I wish Andersen well.  I really liked him and was hoping he was the direction we would go, since I think we could have gotten even more for Gibson.  But we did have a 1 and 1a, so I don't think it will hurt us.  Plus I think we have another goalie in the works.  Still probably at the lower levels, but he was a standout college goalie.