• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Moving up sounds ideal.  Could it be 24th, 30th, and Despres to move up even higher?  My thoughts is Muray has a plan, like always, and we will probably be blown away with it.  or not.  Either way, I like we are getting things done before the end of the month.

I wish Andersen well.  I really liked him and was hoping he was the direction we would go, since I think we could have gotten even more for Gibson.  But we did have a 1 and 1a, so I don't think it will hurt us.  Plus I think we have another goalie in the works.  Still probably at the lower levels, but he was a standout college goalie. 

Yeah, alot of good centers around picks #10 to #20. Logan Brown (6'6 - compared to Getzlaf/Thornton), Clayton Keller, Tyson Jost, Keiffer Bellows, Michael McLeod, Luke Kunin, German Rubtsov, Rasmus Asplund. They got to start planning for when Getzlaf/Kesler are old.

Regarding the Andersen trade.  The compensation for RFA if they sign elsewhere:

Less than $1,239,226  –  Nothing
Over $1,239,226 to $1,877,615  –   Third-round pick
Over $1,877,615 to $3,755,233  –   Second-round pick
Over $3,755,233 to $5,632,847  –   First and third-round picks
Over $5,632,847 to $7,510,464  –   First, second and third-round picks
Over $7,510,464 to $9,388,080  –   Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $9,388,080  –   Four first-round picks

Considering Andersen got a $5 million AAV contract, we did well getting a first and second. 

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-flyers-ducks-kevin-shattenkirk-edmonton-oilers-bruins/2016/06/21/

Curtis Zupka: Murray said that he’s interested in re-signing David Perron and Jamie McGinn. He added that he’s looking at keeping his defense together, “but I’m still taking phone calls.”

Don't know if we have enough bullets to re-sign both.  But it would be nice.

The full schedule is out. New Years Day game at home against Philly. Hawks for the Black Friday game. Final game at home against the Kings. Hawks come to town twice (2nd meeting is 2nd to last game of the season). Gotta wait till March 3rd for Toronto to come in. Ducks open with 5 game road trip. 

41 minutes ago, Tank said:

with toronto picking up andersen and paying him well, i wonder what this means for jonathan bernier.

Probably trade him.  There are still a few teams that need a goalie.  And with the commitment given to Andersen, and the upcoming draft rules.  Might as well get something for him.

I'm just making stuff up.  But would you?

All this talk about trading Fowler.  Would you trade Despres for a 6th?  Florida traded for Yandle (I know not even close in skill) and gave up a 6th.  This was just for the rights to him.  If they don't come to a deal by July 1st (I think that's when FA start), he's a free agent.  And if they sign him, they also give up a 4th.  Depres is signed for 5 more years. 

So some team will have him or 5 years at a reasonable salary.  And on the Ducks side, we can get financial relief in an overcrowded blueline. 

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

I'm just making stuff up.  But would you?

All this talk about trading Fowler.  Would you trade Despres for a 6th?  Florida traded for Yandle (I know not even close in skill) and gave up a 6th.  This was just for the rights to him.  If they don't come to a deal by July 1st (I think that's when FA start), he's a free agent.  And if they sign him, they also give up a 4th.  Depres is signed for 5 more years. 

So some team will have him or 5 years at a reasonable salary.  And on the Ducks side, we can get financial relief in an overcrowded blueline. 

I would. Even if it were a 7th round pick in 2020. Its not that I don't like the potential of Despres turning it around next season, its the salary + salary length & the risk he doesn't turn it around.

Montreal should take him, they have a history of stocking up on French Canadian players just because their French Canadian.