• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

59 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

I still would have preferred to keep Boudreau than pick up Carlyle. I think the Boudreau firing was a mistake and I'm really not fond of the replacement we have chosen. I really hope I am wrong.

If the plan was to hire Carlyle then Boudreau should have stayed. Carlyle makes Boudreau look like Quennevile or Babcock.

Its exciting though what he could do to improve Lindholm & Vatanen.

And in where the F did this come from WTF news.

New Coach Randy Carlyle will have 'immediate respect' from Ducks players, GM says

No not the part about Carlyle.  The second section.

Etc.

Nate Thompson had surgery to repair a torn Achilles’ tendon suffered more than a week ago during a workout, Murray said. 

“We’ll be lucky if we see him before the trade deadline [next year], to be honest with you,” Murray said.

I'm not a huge fan of bringing back Carlyle, in fact I felt pretty strongly that they would not ( shows you what I know)  

I would have liked to have seen some new blood, but I suppose they wanted a proven NHL coach since the team is in its win now window.  Carlyle did not have a good run in Toronto.  It definitely not all his fault, but I sort of question his credentials.  Im pretty sure any one of us could have coached that 07 Ducks team to Stanley cup victory, maybe thats unfair but it feels that way.  My thing with Carlyle is that I don't like the constant dump and chase style and thats what he's done his entire career.  The biggest plus I see with Carlyle is that he's supposed to be a hard ass.  I do think this group needs someone who will challenge and get in their faces when they suck.  Bruce was never that guy. 

Carlyle aside, the most important moves that Ducks make this offseason are still yet to be made.  We'll see what happens with the D corps.  Still convinced we need a couple of effective top 4 type forwards and of course the goalie drama should be resolved.

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 hours ago, nate said:

I still think that Andersen will be the first one to be traded because he will have the most lucrative return.  Dmen will come after.  Ducks need several forwards so I would imagine at least a couple will come from trade.

What about Fowler + Bieksa or Despres for a package that includes Nugent-Hopkins, would help both teams.

Rakell moves to the wing & Horcoff could be re-signed to be the 4th line center again.

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

What about Fowler + Bieksa or Despres for a package that includes Nugent-Hopkins, would help both teams.

Rakell moves to the wing & Horcoff could be re-signed to be the 4th line center again.

I love RNH and would love having him on the team but I am not sure that trade works.  They might be ok with Fowler + Despres but still RNH makes a lot of $, with Kesler/Perry/Getz already making so much it is hard to absorb another huge contract for a forward.

Plus Rakell, Lindholm and Vatanen are all going to get paid pretty well too.  Depends on if the Ducks are willing to get to the cap or not.

Is Horcoff still signed?  I thought he was a UFA.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I love RNH and would love having him on the team but I am not sure that trade works.  They might be ok with Fowler + Despres but still RNH makes a lot of $, with Kesler/Perry/Getz already making so much it is hard to absorb another huge contract for a forward.

Plus Rakell, Lindholm and Vatanen are all going to get paid pretty well too.  Depends on if the Ducks are willing to get to the cap or not.

Horcoff is UFA, I'd like to see him return if Thompson is basicly gone for nearly the whole season.

19 hours ago, nate said:

It's actually pretty close in salaries. 

RNH is owed $6 million a year till 2021 (5 years)  ($30 million)

Fowler is $4 million a year for 2 years ($8 million)

Depres is $3.75 million a year for the next 5 years ($18.5 million)

So it's $30 million vs $26.5 million.  In the Ducks case, short term, for the next 2 years, it's a savings of $1.75 million.

If it's Bieska, $4 million for the next 2 years.  This one doesn't make as much sense for the Ducks.

Of course the other question is, is RNH worth earmarking $6 million a season for?  He is young, and in 3 full seasons, 19, 24, 12 in goals and 56, 56, 34 in points, with a -12, -12, -9 in points.  Not sure what his other numbers are like.  But IMO, $6 million might be a high risk.

Edited by gotbeer

6 minutes ago, nate said:

Yeah but it is two players you are subtracting so you have to consider the salary of the replacement player.

Replacement would be Theodore.  Since we have a plethora of pinat...er defensemen.  Montour should also be close.  But in reality, if we resign Vatanen and Lindholm.  8 defensemen signed for next season including Theodore and Manson. 

23 hours ago, nate said:

Ducks FO needs to make Kesler the C like the Kings did with Kopitar.

The more I think about it.  The more I think this needs to be done.  And this isn't to discount the leadership of Getzlaf with players or with the coaches/management. 

When you watch a game, something just seems evident to me.  Getzlaf represents the old Ducks that dived, took penalties, whined, etc.  The Dirty Ducks.  Whenever I see Getzlaf talking to the ref, it looks like he's complaining/whining.  And when you see the refs constantly call crap on the Ducks, while the other team gets away with murder, I really think the refs have a preconceived notion about the team, and it doesn't help that that preconception is the C and A that have been with the team the longest.  Not to mention the A takes a lot of liberties, that probably pisses the refs off even more.  And when your, I'll just say most aggressive other fans of other teams have a different word, most aggressive player is an A, I really think the refs just treat us differently like we see during the games.

Again, just my opinion.  And hopefully Carlyle will make the change of C to Kessler, A to Getzlaf, and A to Bieska.  At least that's the direction I'd go.

I dont know that giving the C to Kesler helps the Ducks much on the diving and whining front.  I love Kesler, but dude has just as noted a rep...if not more then Getzlaf.  Count me in the leave Getzlaf captain camp.  

To me, there isn't a problem with Getzlaf.  Why potentially create a problem in an area that doesn't really need addressing.  Kesler has an A, I have no doubt that his voice is heard. 

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I dont know that giving the C to Kesler helps the Ducks much on the diving and whining front.  I love Kesler, but dude has just as noted a rep...if not more then Getzlaf.  Count me in the leave Getzlaf captain camp.  

To me, there isn't a problem with Getzlaf.  Why potentially create a problem in an area that doesn't really need addressing.  Kesler has an A, I have no doubt that his voice is heard. 

Well It didn't seem to cause a problem when San Jose took the C away from Thornton & gave it to Pavelksi a year later.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Other than Getzlaf being fat and out of shape at the start of the season?  Having several game losing turnovers?  Taking stupid penalties?

Apparently at the season ticket holder event this morning Murray announced Vatanen being extended for 4 years.  Additional details forthcoming.  

I am pleased by this news.  Vatanen is a dynamic player who's presence is noticeably missing when he's not on the ice.  On the other hand, this might mean the end of the Fowler era in Anaheim. 

Edited by UndertheHalo