• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Tread carefully with the Redwings and prospects they're willing to trade off.  There's a reason they've made the playoffs every year for a billion years.  

Also, if it's just a pick I'm not sure what I'd think.  High picks are great but Fowler is an established, talented player entering his prime.  He's on a great contract to boot.  He SHOULD command a significant return.  You never really know with draft picks.  I personally think it should be more then just the pick, especially with all the interest he's apparently garnering. 

The #8 pick is way better than Tatar, they could be getting Nylander, Pierre-luc Dubois or Logan Brown with that pick ! It isn't the mcdavid draft but the players from #3 to #10 might be better than the #3 to #10 in last years draft.

The #16 pick is not that much better than having #24 & #30.

If Edmonton takes a D-man at #4 in the draft the chances of #8 getting to select Nylander or Pierre-Luc Dubois go up.

Two D-men could be taken before #8 as well.

Both Nylander & Dubois are LWs, however Dubois also is listed as a Center.

7 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Work your magic Murray.  Work it. 

But yeah.  Depending on what we give up, I would not mind it.  Fowler + #30 for the #8?  I don't think I'd do both the 24 and 30.  Then again, maybe I'm putting too much value into the 24 and 30.  Then again, if you go 24 and 30 and Fowler, could you even move up higher?  CBJ by all intents and purposes at #3 is dead in the water in terms of salary cap. 

Ok, blowing smoke here.  3 team trade.  Sabers or Canadians get Fowler + 30.  CBJ gets the 8 or 9.  Ducks get 3 and take on the contract of Hartnell?  (And it doesn't seem like CBJ gets much out of the deal, but that's how bad their cap situation is.  They only have $4 million in cap space and still have to sign Seth Jones) 

no way we trade fowler+ for a pick.

we are in win-now mode. sure we need picks for the future, but straight up losing our current #1 D (future is lindholm obviously) AND a pick for future pick is not going to happen.

if anything its fowler for early 1st and a talented young winger.

bring on hall, RNH, bjugstad+, tatar+ please. or if we get high pick, we combine that with our pick(s) to get higher.

go get tkachuk! he would be so awesome on this team. 

and his favorite player is perry. 

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@mrwicked You might be on to something there.  Someone posted this regarding the #8 pick over the last decade for so.  It's really a crapshoot vs a NHL young Dman.  I think I'm more going towards we need something else with the #8 pick camp.

To be fair 3 of those in past 15 years are from the BlueJackets who haven't had the greatest success in drafting.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

NFL, NHL, NBA  All exciting because you have the trade possibility.

MLB  Might as well wait till the next morning to see who you drafted at your spot.

1st NHL draft I ever watched was the 2010 draft & I'll never forget the look on Bob Murray's face when he got to announce the Ducks pick & now he may be trading that pick.

#24 pick Max Jones brings a Corey Perry type game but he's a great skater they say.

I like him better than Nick Ritchie cause of his speed & strong skating. Some had Jones going as high as #17 to the Nashville Predators. He played on a stacked London Knights team featuring Dvorak & Tkachuk.

4 hours ago, nate said:

Or no good deals out there to be had...

Can still trade Fowler after the draft.

I think this was pretty much it.  No point in trading a player like Fowler if you aren't getting exactly what you want back.  We do not need to trade him. 

I like the Max Jones pick a lot.  Seems like he could have gone higher which is a good break for us.  I saw he was ranked 11th on the NHL.com draft rankings.  Sam Steel, I don't really know what to say.  Apparently a good 2 way center, time shall tell. 

Sam Steel is ok, projected to go around 31-35 but the Ducks scouts are top notch.

:) Florida picked a projected 4th/3rd round guy Borkstrom at #23(same GM that picked Gudbranson at 3# in 2010 while Fowler was still available). Boston was bad too taking 3rd/2nd round guy at #29. I give Boston & Florida grade Ds for their draft, even the McAvoy pick was a slight reach for Boston when chyrchrun is still available,  Chyrchrun got Fowlered in that draft. McAvoy was picked due to being from Boston University.

Max Jones gets welcomed to the Ducks by Perry http://www.ocregister.com/articles/jones-720608-bailey-one.html

At one point Saturday, Jones’ phone alerted him to a text message. It was from Perry, welcoming him to the organization.

Another quote that compares him to Perry & Kesler.

So this mother has had to adjust, probably not unlike the mothers of players like Ryan Kesler and Corey Perry, current Ducks who have been known to irritate worse than a rash.

:) Max "Corey Perry Jr" Jones. :)