• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, nate said:

Despres and Stoner are dead weight.  We are stuck with them.  It really sucks.

Taking they're riches and riding out their contracts. Both are set for life.

I don't think these guys contracts are our biggest problems. What's Thompson going to cost us next year. And everyone better hope Vatanen holds up. Because, 5+M for the next 5 years would have an impact.

27 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Raymond isn't a Dman, Nate. He's a winger.

Speaking of Santorelli. He got no offers and apparently is headed to Switzerland to play. How the hell don't the Ducks at least bring him back for one year?

Its puzzling for sure, 9goals 9assists as a 4th liner is worth at least another contract since they are going the budget route. Assuming Rakell/Perry stay together, they will need another right handed shot like Santorelli to play RW on the Getzlaf line. Maybe they are going to sign Vrbata instead ? For budget LW's I want them to sign Tanguay for the Getzlaf line.

How about this: Tanguay/Getzlaf/Vrbata, Raymond/Rakell/Perry, Cogliano/Kesler/Silfverberg, Ritchie/Wagner/Garbutt ? but I got a feeling that dreaded Tyler Ennis for Fowler trade will happen.

53 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Raymond isn't a Dman, Nate. He's a winger.

Speaking of Santorelli. He got no offers and apparently is headed to Switzerland to play. How the hell don't the Ducks at least bring him back for one year?

What the hell?  They signed a D man too then yeah?  Could have sworn I saw something about a dman.

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Nate, you're thinking Guenin.  The guy from Colorado.  No worries on missing it tho, he's shitty. 

Dumpster diving. Just BM being BM. Because that's what he does best. Or, at least likes to do best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Guenin never sees Anaheim. Is there something in a two way contract that pays more even if the player spends the entire year in the AHL? We don't need this guy except for San Diego.

While other teams slept, BM pulled in Guenin and Raymond.

agreed deepdive.  presumably with Theodore surely playing in Anaheim next year they will need bodies in San Diego.  BM can't really believe Guenin is going be a contributor on the NHL club.  As far as i know the two way contract just means the club can use him at either level as they see fit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

agreed deepdive.  presumably with Theodore surely playing in Anaheim next year they will need bodies in San Diego.  BM can't really believe Guenin is going be a contributor on the NHL club.  As far as i know the two way contract just means the club can use him at either level as they see fit. 

Throwing him a bone I guess.

Hey, I wish I could make 675K next year.

And get to enjoy San Diego, too. Good for you Nate Guenin.

10 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Throwing him a bone I guess.

Hey, I wish I could make 675K next year.

And get to enjoy San Diego, too. Good for you Nate Guenin.

Since its a 2way deal he gets less than that if he stays in the AHL. That's the number he gets if he plays on the NHL team.

34 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Dumpster diving. Just BM being BM. Because that's what he does best. Or, at least likes to do best.

I wouldn't be surprised if Guenin never sees Anaheim. Is there something in a two way contract that pays more even if the player spends the entire year in the AHL? We don't need this guy except for San Diego.

While other teams slept, BM pulled in Guenin and Raymond.

They can use him at either level.  It's something like if he plays at the Gulls he makes $250k.  If he plays at the NHL, he makes $690k. 

This is pretty much a move for the Gulls.  And if we go through the Angel curse and a defenseman goes down each week, we have that option of calling him up.

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

They can use him at either level.  It's something like if he plays at the Gulls he makes $250k.  If he plays at the NHL, he makes $690k. 

This is pretty much a move for the Gulls.  And if we go through the Angel curse and a defenseman goes down each week, we have that option of calling him up.

250K wouldn't be too bad. It's not 675K. But you could still go out to dinner. Just don't try to rent too nice of a place in SD.