• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Bernier was not included in the Andersen trade because Leafs had to pay a $2-million bonus on July 1. But that's essentially what happened.

So I guess that's why we didn't go after Johnson or the other goalies?  Was probably a deal that was already in place.

I was confused and thought it was a 2 million dollar hit.  To me all this indicates is that all they care about is dollars spent, otherwise they would care about wasting cap space.  I'm pretty convinced at this point, given the behavior this offseason that owner ship completely gives no shits about winning.  Might as well start rebuilding, cause the team we've got isn't gonna win the cup.  I'm fucking pissed right now.

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean, I know I've been exaggerating about how bad it is.  This is still a very talented roster, but the unfilled holes are alarming and the situation with Rakell and Lindholm is starting to be big concern. 

The Rakell Lindholm thing is the concern for me.  Especially Lindholm.  I really think he is trying to get $6-7 million a year instead of the $5ish million we think he should get.  It just doesn't make sense that both aren't signed already.  That's why I really think a offer sheet might be in the cards for Lindholm.  For Rakell, the offer sheet path isn't worth it.  I figure him to be a bit less than $4 million a season.  Maybe he thinks he's a 5-6 million player?  For Lindholm though, the offer sheet might be worth it for a team.  Again, I know people say offer sheets aren't common.  But for a 1/2 young defenseman, this is the type of player that someone might make the exception.  And with the defense depth, I really think Lindholm might be dealt for the wings we need. 

Trading Lindholm is suicide, he has the potential to be an elite d-man more than any of them on the roster. Theodore is nice but is years away from reaching that kind of ceiling. If they trade Lindholm they might as well trade Getzlaf & Perry too since the Cup window will be gone.

Every forward on opposing teams will be happy if the Ducks traded Lindholm, he makes scoring goals hard on other teams forwards so ur looking at a noticable jump in GAA for Gibson. Not included is his improving goals scored per season, his assists went down cause his teammates couldn't finish, from 6 goals to 7 to 10. Next season he's looking at reaching 12 to 15 goals from the blue line which is quite valuable for a guy with his shutdown ability.

Just sign Lindholm, dump Fowler with Despres if need be.

Then just sign Vrbata & Tanguay.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Ducks Acquire Bernier From Maple Leafs

Lindholm, Rakell, 2 wingers.  Math doesn't quite add up does it?

that's with fowler, stoner and bieksa on the books.

i dont think we got into the season with all 3 of them.

trade fowler for tatar and jurco/pulkkinen from detroit

trade stoner for a pick

sign hudler for $1.5-$2.5m. this could be the steal of the offseason. dude averages 50+ pts a year, had an off year last year. he got 76 pts two seasons ago. he probably wants term though, hard to give him that. definitely wont give him a NMC.

richie / getz / perry

hudler / kesler / silf

tatar / rakell / jurco or pulkkinen

cogliano / wagner / garbutt or raymond on the 4th line

lindholm / manson

vatanen / despres

theodore / bieksa

gibson, bernier

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

pulkkinen is great but maybe thats an underpayment for fowler.

perhaps switch that to fowler for tatar and AA or mantha. sheahan is good too. 

Probably, from Detroit's point of view they know he'll thrive in their system of not taking penaltys & focusing on skill/speed. His lack of hitting fits their team. Kronwall hits like a truck but their team is overall soft on hitting I think.

yeah that article was a little wacky.

no way montour makes the team this year. but i think he gets playing time near the end of the season when rosters expand.

and next year, when we buyout bieksa, sure.

i dont see us trading for kane, but you never know. if he can be had cheap, and they think getz/kesler/scotty/randy/etc can whip him into line, go for it. but i want a 1st coming along too.

1 hour ago, nate said:

6/36... damn that is a lot but honestly he is worth it.

0 chance anyone trades for E Kane... lol.  What crackhead wrote that?

Yeah, would hope its 8 years at 6mil per if they are doing 6mil per season. Salary cap & salary floor will be way up in 8 years.

I dont think Murray cant get a Hall type return like NJ did, Edmonton was just butthurt on not handing a StanleyCup Championship to the Ducks again by sending Hall for Fowler & made a stupid trade for Larsson. The Tyler Ennis idea looks better if they take Bieksa or Despres with Fowler & throw in a pick.

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Yeah, would hope its 8 years at 6mil per if they are doing 6mil per season. Salary cap & salary floor will be way up in 8 years.

I dont think Murray cant get a Hall type return like NJ did, Edmonton was just butthurt on not handing a StanleyCup Championship to the Ducks again by sending Hall for Fowler & made a stupid trade for Larsson. The Tyler Ennis idea looks better if they take Bieksa or Despres with Fowler & throw in a pick.

The thing though is.  With these Bridge deals being so high.  As someone stated before, there could be a lockout.  And if there is, that could absolutely destroy both the cap and floor.