• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Maybe this singing means Bob is finally ready to start revealing schemes for this season.

its a good depth pick up at a good price.  Some things never change.  Ducks are really gonna need Ritchie to have the big boy pants on this season, continued development from Rakell and Silfverberg to be capable of producing before Feb 1st. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

On 8/4/2016 at 3:49 PM, mrwicked said:

i'd be down for vermette.  or is he just done?

fowler trade - getz - hudler

rakell - vermette - perry

cogs - kesler - silf

whatever on 4th.

boom. i'm cool with this.

plus its two years, so we can leave him available at the expansion draft.

On 8/4/2016 at 3:49 PM, mrwicked said:

i'd be down for vermette.  or is he just done?

fowler trade - getz - hudler

rakell - vermette - perry

cogs - kesler - silf

whatever on 4th.

The Rakell - Vermette - Perry looks like a good line.  Now you have someone that can win the faceoffs out on the ice with them, instead of shuffling in Kessler to take the draws.  So I like that line.

Cogs - Kesler - Silfverberg is a given.  No need to break up that line. 

Getzlaf line is going to be interesting.  It's too bad Vesey won't see the light, and put his brain to use and see the opportunity, that he could be playing on the #1 line of a playoff contender.  Raymond, and hope he reverts to a 40 point scorer on the LW?  Or Ritchie on the LW?  And trade for a RW?  Since I don't see anyone on the roster for a RW.  Or Hudler as a FA similar to a Vermette deal at RW and hope he reverts. 

4th line.  Garbutt, Boll, Raymond.  Although Ritchie might be put here if he struggles on his scoring. 

And with how long negotiations are going.  Bridge deal for Lindholm and Rakell, then we'd be under the cap possibly without making a trade.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

The Rakell - Vermette - Perry looks like a good line.  Now you have someone that can win the faceoffs out on the ice with them, instead of shuffling in Kessler to take the draws.  So I like that line.

Cogs - Kesler - Silfverberg is a given.  No need to break up that line. 

Getzlaf line is going to be interesting.  It's too bad Vesey won't see the light, and put his brain to use and see the opportunity, that he could be playing on the #1 line of a playoff contender.  Raymond, and hope he reverts to a 40 point scorer on the LW?  Or Ritchie on the LW?  And trade for a RW?  Since I don't see anyone on the roster for a RW.  Or Hudler as a FA similar to a Vermette deal at RW and hope he reverts. 

4th line.  Garbutt, Boll, Raymond.  Although Ritchie might be put here if he struggles on his scoring. 

And with how long negotiations are going.  Bridge deal for Lindholm and Rakell, then we'd be under the cap possibly without making a trade.

For Getzlaf line Vrbata should be a cheap RW to sign, 750K imo, then they just gotta get Tatar for Fowler for the LW spot.

On 8/14/2016 at 8:51 PM, gotbeer said:

What if Lindholm is unsignable? 

Hotstove: Top-5 Defensemen In The NHL Age 22 & Under?

These two rank Lindholm higher than Ekblad, who just signed a 8 year $60 million contract with an AAV of $7.5 million. 

If thats true the Ducks have to sign him as they can't expect to win a Cup without the closest thing to a #1 D-man.

Of the last 15 Teams to win the Cup only 2 had a #2 D-man & that team was Pittsburgh with a young Letang before he became Elite in 2009 & Carolina in 2006.

The rest all had at least a Niedermayer + Pronger, Lidstrom + Rafalski, Chara, Keith + Seabrook(3 cups), Doughty(2 cups), Letang in his prime(2016).

6 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

Vrbata signed with Arizona for $1 Million + incentives.  I would like to see the ducks pick up Hudler if he is cheap or maybe bring back Pirri for under a mil.

Dang, thats a great deal he got. I think Hudler gets 2million + based on what Vrbata got.

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

a fan blog.  But he really goes into the numbers.

The top 20 defensemen in the NHL right now. For real.

And this is the NHL one.

NHL Network: Drew Doughty top defenseman

For signing purposes, I like the NHL version better.  But the fan one looking at stats, just shows.

1st Article is Even more reason for them to sign Lindholm & clear cap space if needed, they can win a Cup with him as their #1D.

Other thing from that 1st list, Swedes produce the best defensemen per population size of their country.

19 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Bieksa willing to play ‘whatever role it takes’ to get Ducks back to the Stanley Cup Final

Not much meat in the article.  But at least it's something.  Now sign Lindholm and Rakell.

im cool with bieksa.

once he found his role he was fine. same with stoner (he was great in '15 playoffs).

we just can't keep both.

Joe McDonaldESPN Staff Writer 

mcdonald_joe_m.jpg

Team Sweden's overall defense of Niklas Hjalmarsson, Victor Hedman, Anton Stralman, Mattias Ekholm, Oliver Ekman Larsson, Erik Karlsson and Hampus Lindholm should boast the best blue line at the World Cup.

That is one hell of a blue line