• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

1 hour ago, HaloCory22 said:

Fowler and one of Bieksa/Despres/Stoner to Detroit for Tatar and a pick? I'd be on board for that.

Detroit is currently $4.8 million over the salary cap.  So doubt it will happen. 

Boston is rumored to be looking for a top Dman, and is currently $5.8 million under the cap. 

i think they will move despres/stoner/bieksa + prospects/picks for cap space

fowler will be a hockey move and they'll get a badass young LW (our LW situation is easily worst in the league, but our D situation is arguably the best). don't need futures for him, we need win-now wingers.

i dont love JVR especially at his price (hes good but overrated since hes on the leafs), but i would do JVR @ 50% retained for fowler.

or you do JVR+a prospect for fowler and stoner. that's a legit move.

then trade despres for cap space. he's still legit and someone like NJ would love him. carolina could be a fit too, they need someone to make available at the expansion draft not named faulk (who is a f*cking awesome).

Just thinking out loud.  By cap space.

Fowler 2 years $4 million, Depres 5 years $3.7 million

Beleskey 4 years, $3.8 million + picks

Ducks would get a NHL caliber winger, that's controlled for 4 years.  Would save $3.9 million in cap to get up to about $11 million to sign the two. 

Boston would get a top 2 defenseman and a top 4 defenseman.  They would still be under the cap by $1.5ish million. 

Ducks Looking To Make Trade To Clear Cap Space For RFAs

A wild card might come in the form of New Jersey, who could conceivably be interested in bringing in more blue line depth even after inking Kyle Quincey to a one-year contract earlier this week. The Devils have plenty of cap space and created a void on the back end earlier in the offseason in the Taylor Hall-for-Adam Larsson trade. Plus it’s interesting to note Devils GM Ray Shero was running things in Pittsburgh when the Penguins  drafted Simon Despres in the first round and perhaps Shero would be interested in reuniting with another of his former charges. Shedding Despres’ $3.7MM cap charge would free up the needed space for the Ducks to re-sign both Lindholm and Rakell, though the notion of trading Sespres is purely speculative.

Edited by gotbeer

Nail To NJ?(e4) Fowler/BOS? Yotes/Isles Deal? NYI/CAR/CLB Previews Buzz@1

Bruins in on Fowler...

The Bruins were in on Trouba as well, but apparently the Jets did not like a package involving Krug...at least not yet. Now I am hearing a deal is "the closest yet" involving Fowler and the Bruins appear to be a top of that list...The Devils and Islanders have also had discussions regarding Fowler...

Clayton Stoner Clears Waivers; Stays With Ducks

Now here are the alarm bells from the article.

The Anaheim blueline is very crowded even without Lindholm in camp however, as the team sent down two blue-chip prospects in Brandon Montour and Shea Theodore today. As discussed previously, the team will have to sort out the situation before next year’s expansion draft, or risk losing one of them for nothing.

So it sound like the 2 years of pro experience, does not relate to 2 years of NHL experience.  AHL is considered the pros.  So that means Montour, Ritchie, Theodore, Sgarbossa, Noessen, and Kerdiles are all eligible.  

They can only take one player per team, correct?  

You have to save value. Salary in the next year is going to critical for most teams in the league. LV is going to be looking to the future and teams have to put a premium on their future. I expect to see a lot of veterans available.

18 hours ago, deepdrive said:

They can only take one player per team, correct?  

You have to save value. Salary in the next year is going to critical for most teams in the league. LV is going to be looking to the future and teams have to put a premium on their future. I expect to see a lot of veterans available.

Yeah, only one a team.  I can see the Ducks making a trade with the LV whateveryournamecomingon11/11butnotgettingmyhopesupthatitwon'tbeacrappyknightsname.  Maybe a second or a third but hopefully fourth or fifth to take Despres.