• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

11 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

GMBM is getting fired after this season. What an awful, awful offseason.

As upset I am with the offseason, BM has done pretty damn well with the constraints he has to deal with. My friend put the Ducks' budget in a perspective that I think is really interesting: the last few years they have been playing sans one, additional star player on their roster. THAT is bull shit, and part of the responsibility falls on Ducks fans. It's embarrassing to see how empty games are from time to time. 

Back to the point, the Ducks are still a playoff team while having a fairly deep prospect pool. I think firing BM would be a huge mistake. 

BM is the reason we're in this salary cap hole to begin with though. I don't doubt he's done some amazing things and well deserved that GM of the year 3 years ago.... That was 3 years ago though. Since then he's signed some really awful contracts. Stoner and Bieksa for sure. Despres getting that extension was bad and I know a lot will argue it but the Kesler extension is going to be awful in a few years. Instead of investing the money this offseason on guys like Perron (who was amazing here) and taking a flier on Pirri who is doing quite well in NYR from the early looks, he goes out and gets Boll and Raymond. Seriously? He works magic in the draft I'll give him that but man.. His FA signings/extensions are quite bad.

Perron wanted to go back to STL. I agree with you on the Raymond and Bill signings, and I don't understand why they didn't try to keep Pirri. With that said, there is something strange with Pirri. The Ducks only gave up a late pick (6th rounder? If I remember correctly) for a 20 goal scorer. Then he signs late in the offseason for cheap, so there's something strange there. 

BM has definitely made some mistakes (Stoner and Bieksa in particular), but the positives outweigh the negatives in my mind. 

despres was a great move. no one could have imagined a) how awesome he would be, you have to lock that up if you can, and b ) that his brain would get mushed with back to back concussions. 

stoner is fine, he's just overpaid by $1m a year. bieksa was fine after the first half when he realized he's not paul coffey. but yeah him and bieksa taking up $7.25m is tough when we have all these primo kids in the pipe.

word is that owners are cool with being a cap team this year. they aren't stuck with the typical $5m drop or whatever.

4 hours ago, mrwicked said:

word is that owners are cool with being a cap team this year. they aren't stuck with the typical $5m drop or whatever.

Our owners are pretty awesome overall.  You know he is awesome, when he is on an expansion team, midmarket team, yet is on the board of governors. 

Man, opening puck drop.  Good for Dallas.