• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

11 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Yeah, the Ducks can't afford to lose Rakell. 

He probably knows it + cheapskate Ducks = contract problems.

I hope i'm wrong. We'll see in the coming weeks.

problem is.  Ducks aren't cheap, at least not in this case.  they only have $7.6 million left in cap space. 

The ironic thing is.  His buddy Lindholm might kick him off the team. 

I'm hoping they still work out a deal though. 

On 9/21/2016 at 11:58 AM, HaloCory22 said:

Apparently the Ducks and Rakell aren't talking at this time. Some KHL team has Rakells rights apparently and are interested. Does Murray get automatically fired if at least Hampus isn't re-signed? Rakell, I can manage without, but not Hampus.

i dont think there's anything to that KHL story. of course the team that has his rights is interested.

but do you think rakell would choose a life in sunny OC or living out in siberia?

they'll sign them both. by end of this month. once the WCOH tourney is over. its a lock.

lindholm gets big money / big term. probably 7 years.

rakell gets bridge deal for 2 years ala hertl on the sharks.

On 9/21/2016 at 0:21 PM, nate said:

They need Rakell, there are like no forwards on this team.

True but I think they could get someone from trading Fowler to replace him if it came to that.

Murray I think gets fired if Lindholm doesn't sign. The Stoner & Despres contract & trading for Bieksa got him into the mess he's in.

I'll never understand why Murray likes to put so much $$$$$ into bottom pair defensemen or guys who become bottom pair(after the concussions Despres is now more of a bottom pairing guy).

So there is this from Eric Stephens in his lineups story for tonight...

"Rickard Rakell and Hampus Lindholm still have yet to report. The two continue to be without new contracts as their representatives and the Ducks remain apart in negotiations that are believed to have picked up steam in recent days.

The Ducks are steadfast in their belief that they will get both signed, though for how long and how much isn't clear."

http://www.ocregister.com/ducks/center-730301-kick-coyotes.html

And yes, I agree with the sentiment that it's disastrous if either of them don't sign. I'm very pessimistic about our chances as is, we need both of them to have any real chance of contention I believe.

2 hours ago, mrwicked said:

i would do rakell at $3.5 for as long as you can. 5-6 years

lindholm i was thinking $5.5 but i'm ok with $5.75-$6m for 8 years. 

done.

gotta trade a D man or two anyway you can only protect 3. 

trade fowler for legit top 6 LW and a 1st. protect lindholm, vatanen and manson.

A legit top 6 LW is going to be making the same if not more than Fowler and we would be in a cap nightmare  all over again.  We either need to give away stoner or despres for close to nothing, maybe some team gives us a late round pick for one of them or we need to trade fowler for picks.

1 hour ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

A legit top 6 LW is going to be making the same if not more than Fowler and we would be in a cap nightmare  all over again.  We either need to give away stoner or despres for close to nothing, maybe some team gives us a late round pick for one of them or we need to trade fowler for picks.

it's not a cap move so much as it's a trade from position of depth (D) to a position of weakness (F).

but we can get a legit top 6 young forward who's still on an ELC and save a little bit of $$. tatar/AA in detroit would work for me.

the cap moves are to jettison stoner and potentially despres. can't have $7.25m tied up in stoner and bieksa (not really movable)