• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

6 hours ago, Gavin said:

Toronto wouldn't do that. Especially with the gremlin that is Lou Lamoriello in the fold. 

I'm hoping for a Fowler, Tatar swap with a plus coming from the Wings. 

Yeah Tatar is the player that would be a great fit, would like to see him on Getzlaf's line as the LW & then they can sign a cheap RW like Vrbata. Then they probally use Ritchie on Rakell/Perry line or sign another low risk low cost guy like Tanguay to play LW. If they get both Tatar + Pulkkinen in the trade then they could use Pulkkinen on the top line with Tatar & Getzlaf.

Tatar/Getzlaf/Vrbata(or Pulkkinen) - All Getzlaf really need is guys who can receive the puck & shoot.

Tanguay/Rakell/Perry

Cogliano/Kesler/Silfverberg

Ritchie/Wagner/Boll/Raymond/Noesen.

Fowler for Tatar + a 1st or Tatar + Teemu Pulkkinen & a 4th

I saw an article talking about unsigned RFA and Lindholm and Monahan from Calgary were both mentioned.  In the comment section of the article I saw someone say this: "Hearing here in Calgary there are talks of a Lindholm for Monahan swap."  I would hate to lose Lindholm but Monahan is awesome too.  It is probably just fans talking up there but it did make me question if I would pull the trigger on that deal. 

7 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

i guess the good news is that apparently no one has put out offer sheets to rakell or lindholm.  I suspect theres some action around training camp.  Bob sure is slow playing it. 

Lindholm was the one that I thought might get an offer sheet.  But looking around the league, teams, especially teams that can use a good dman, are close to cap space. 

But man this sure is dragging on.  From what I remember, training camp opened mid September last year.  So we are pretty much a month away.  And really have a Defenseman and Center not signed.  With holes at the LW. 

4 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I saw an article talking about unsigned RFA and Lindholm and Monahan from Calgary were both mentioned.  In the comment section of the article I saw someone say this: "Hearing here in Calgary there are talks of a Lindholm for Monahan swap."  I would hate to lose Lindholm but Monahan is awesome too.  It is probably just fans talking up there but it did make me question if I would pull the trigger on that deal. 

The reason I don't do that trade is the Ducks need a Top D-man to win a Cup & Lindholm is the closest thing they have to that.

6 hours ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

That would be an interesting trade.  Age wise, they are both similar.  9 months apart, Monahan being younger.  Both are RFA's that aren't signed yet.  Monahan's 62 and 63 points the last 2 seasons would tie him last season with Perry and Getzlaf.  Ducks are deep in D. 

I think the big question is how much is Monahan looking for.  Because I just don't know if we can afford another 6 million a year player.  But overall, I think I would do that deal.  We are so deep in D, and we need to let the younger guys have a chance.  Theodore at 21 showed me last season that he can be a 1/2 defenseman best case, 3/4 worst case.  I'd like to see how Montour develops.  And Larrson looks to be on the fast track.  Not to mention we also have Manson.  And that's to go along with Bieska, Fowler, Vatanen, Stoner, and Depres.

Wild wild thought.  And this one is in the realm of F no it won't happen to if it happened, it would rock the hockey world.

And here is the quote that got me thinking.

Every team can offer the same entry-level contract, so where the left winger would fit into their organization will get the most consideration.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-updates-on-jimmy-vesey/2016/08/14/

How many teams can say, hey Vessey.  Want a shot at the #1 line next to Getzlaf?  Just if you think about it.  Lindholm for Monahan.  So the lines would be

Kessler/Silfverberg/Cogs that line is set in stone I think

Perry/Monahan/Rakell

Getzlaf/Vesey/ give another young kid a shot here like Noessen/Scarbossa/or Tropp for we can make In N Out jokes all season

Garbutt/Ritchie/Boll or Raymond

29 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Ducks sign Antoine Vermette to a 2 year deal according to sources.

I'd like to see how much.  But it's probably a good deal.  It'll also take a lot of pressure off of Kesler.  (There, you happy Nate?  Oh, and you should see how many red lines I get when I put posts up.  I am a terrible speller.)  And in reality we can have up to 3 solid lines right now.  But I think we still need another LW.