• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Grats to the Penguins on winning it.  They are still our trade bitches.  But it's nice to see Bones shine.

But now that it's over.  It's down to business.

Buyout window opens Wednesday, here are some candidates

General Rules:

Buyouts are paid over twice the number of years remaining on the player’s contract.

The rate is one-third of the total salary remaining for players under the age of 26, and two-thirds for those 26 and older.

In the Ducks case.  I think we wait till next year before having to maybe buy someone out.  But if he doesn't waive his NMC, the hit would be about $2.7 million for 4 years.

NHL teams receiving information on potential expansion draft

Ok, this is about the expansion draft.  But watching the video.  They start with the NHL Executive committee.  They make up the 9 most influential owners of the NHL.  They have Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Washington which makes sense.  Then they have Calgary, Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Minnesota.  And the last one?  The Ducks Henry Samueli.  I didn't realize he was that well regarded in the NHL. 

50 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Bob Murray's To Do List

He brings up an interesting point regarding Fowler.  So many teams need a dman, and he could bring in quite a haul. 

Fowler's speed & passing ability make him a great fit for Edmonton, imagine what he could do passing to McDavid or any of their skilled forwards. I'd also keep Vatanen cause he's a right handed shot.

Could probally package Fowler + Bieksa to Edmonton for Picks/Forward prospect ? Edmonton instantly gets a D makeover & the Ducks free up a ton of salary towards Lindholm/Rakell.

I don't think they got to worry about the age of Getzlaf/Perry for at least 5 more years, Thornton & Marleau were 36 last season & went on a run to the finals.

• Spirit pinned this topic

I wasn't a hockey fan for Carlyle's first tenure as Ducks' HC; so I'm indifferent to this hire. From everything I've read though, it isn't a popular move. Some reports leaked out that Getzlaf and Perry were pushing for him to be rehired behind the scenes. I've read his first time around, they didn't mesh well towards the end, is that true? I've also read that Carlyle isn't afraid to hold his stars accountable...should be a good thing, right?

Does anyone think that with a new HC he may strip Getzlaf of the "C"?

57 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I wasn't a hockey fan for Carlyle's first tenure as Ducks' HC; so I'm indifferent to this hire. From everything I've read though, it isn't a popular move. Some reports leaked out that Getzlaf and Perry were pushing for him to be rehired behind the scenes. I've read his first time around, they didn't mesh well towards the end, is that true? I've also read that Carlyle isn't afraid to hold his stars accountable...should be a good thing, right?

Does anyone think that with a new HC he may strip Getzlaf of the "C"?

The positives is that he won't overly balance the ice time for Top defensemen (He'll give more minutes to Lindholm/Vatanen) & probally get Lindholm to be more aggressive & hit more often & he may turn Manson into a wrecking ball that destroys other teams players.

Carlyle's brand of Hockey worked in the 07 playoffs & it did give a brief revival to bully hockey with many teams stocking up on grinder goons & enforcers.

Alot of things they did that year would not work today & would have much more severe penaltys & suspensions. Such as the 2 times Pronger got suspended in the playoffs would have been longer suspensions, also that head hit that RobNiedermayer did to Jannik Hansen that allowed him to pass the puck to his brother to score the series winner against Luongo would probally have gotten Rob a suspension in todays NHL.

I'm willing to give Carlyle a chance.  See what he can do.  Minus the 07 team, this might be the best one he's had. 

His record while helming the ducks:

• 2005-6 43-27-12 Western Conference Final
  • 2006-7 48-20-14 The Cup
  • 2007-8 47-27-8 First round
  • 2008-9 42-33-7 Second Round I think this was the epic battle with the Wings
  • 2009-10 39-32-11 Did not make the playoffs
  • 20010-11 47-30-5 First Round
  • 20011-12 7-13-4 Did a Boudreau and was fired and replaced by Boudreau who did a Boudreau and was eventually fired and replaced by Carlyle

Overall though, with the talent on this team, he should get us to the postseason.  Hopefully he can get us another cup.  But if we lose in the playoffs, if we lose like we did in the 08-09 series, I'd be a lot happier than the way we lost the last few years.

From LeBrun who knows a thing or two:

It came down to Randy Carlyle, Travis Green and Rick Bowness as the final three candidates for the Anaheim Ducks' head coaching job and the club went with a familiar face, announcing Tuesday they had brought back Carlylefor a second stint. I think Green will be a very good NHL head coach one day but the Ducks are in win-now mode. So bringing back Carlyle, the coach of the 2007 Cup championship team, has merit in that regard. I also think he has mellowed a bit over time. And while people remember that things ended on a sour note last time in Anaheim for Carlyle, this is a guy with 36 playoff wins from 2006-11, who has gone 11-6 in elimination games.