• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

im willing to give Depres another look.  His makes up make it pretty tough to give up on him, especially if we're getting basically nothing back (a 6th round pick)

Also, the salary cap for next season is set at 73 million.  I don't think its outside the realm of possibility that we spend closer to it then usual.  The window isn't getting any wider. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Dang, so guys with no movement clauses will have to be protected in the expansion draft. So that means Perry, Getzlaf, Kesler and Bieksa (yuck) all have to be protected. Maybe we should go the seven forward/three def option option. Assuming Fowler is traded, I guess we protect Lindholm, Theodore and Bieksa... And then Ritchie, Silfverberg, Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler - keeping room for two more from guys we acquire this offseason.

14 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I read that the player could waive their NMC.  In Bieksa's case I think he would do it.  Las Vegas isn't going to take him with one year left on his deal and if the alternative is being bought out I would think he would wave it. 

Yeah, I would think Bieska would waive it also. 

The one thing that worries me about the draft rules though is they said first and second year professionals.  Not first and second year in the NHL.  AHL is considered professional hockey.  So that would open up a lot of people who may be one year in the NHL, but 2 years at the AHL level.  hopefully they will clarify what a first or second year professional is.  For instance, Montour, Noessen, and Sgarbossa played for the Admirals and Gulls.  So that might mean he's eligible for the draft.  Shit, looking at the stats, Theodore also had a cup of coffee for the Admirals, so does that mean he is eligible? 

2 hours ago, Oz27 said:

Dang, so guys with no movement clauses will have to be protected in the expansion draft. So that means Perry, Getzlaf, Kesler and Bieksa (yuck) all have to be protected. Maybe we should go the seven forward/three def option option. Assuming Fowler is traded, I guess we protect Lindholm, Theodore and Bieksa... And then Ritchie, Silfverberg, Perry, Getzlaf and Kesler - keeping room for two more from guys we acquire this offseason.

Forgot Vatanen so that means Lindholm/Vatanen/Bieksa & hope they can trade or buyout Bieksa so they can protect Theodore.

If Theodore is exempt from draft, they can protect Manson instead. If they have to protect Theodore that means bye to Josh Manson.

That Las Vegas team might be really really good out of the gate.  If I were them, I'd focus on RFA's and lower.  Not even worry about older vets, unless they are fillers.  With the rules in place, they are going to have a choice of really good players on every team. 

It's going to come down to who is exempt.  If Theodore is not exempt, than if I were Vegas, I'd go for Montour. 

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That Las Vegas team might be really really good out of the gate.  If I were them, I'd focus on RFA's and lower.  Not even worry about older vets, unless they are fillers.  With the rules in place, they are going to have a choice of really good players on every team. 

It's going to come down to who is exempt.  If Theodore is not exempt, than if I were Vegas, I'd go for Montour. 

unless the Ducks trade Montour to a team with not much D worth protecting like Edmonton.

I wouldn't mind them trading Montour, he doesn't play good D in his own zone.

montour and theo are exempt, they don't need to be protected.

basically after this coming season they'll tell bieksa - ok either we buy you out and you get $2.67m  (we would still have cap hit of $4m due to his age), or you keep your $4m but waive your NMC and know that vegas won't pick you up.

then we protect lindholm, vatanen and fowler (if we still have him). we will then leave despres and manson open.

if fowler is gone by then (taylor hall or RNH please) i think they protect manson and leave despres open.

and yeah they are gonna have good players available for the black knights. that'd what paying half a billion dollars gets you. also they get the 3rd slot in the lottery draft.

5 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Hot rumors of the day. Ducks close with Buffalo on a Fowler for Ennis/picks deal. Ducks are also talking with the Habs on something.

ennis and the 8OA? 

tough choice. ennis isn't very enticing.  can get a better return I think. unless GMBM thinks he can package the 8OA with our 1st and move up even higher. 

but buffalo has been coming after fowler for years, wouldn't surprise me.

if they don't get the 8OA i could see them trying to pair stoner/bieksa with fowler.

38 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

ennis and the 8OA? 

tough choice. ennis isn't very enticing.  can get a better return I think. unless GMBM thinks he can package the 8OA with our 1st and move up even higher. 

but buffalo has been coming after fowler for years, wouldn't surprise me.

if they don't get the 8OA i could see them trying to pair stoner/bieksa with fowler.

#8 is where Logan Brown (Center) at 6'6 tall is expected to go. Often compared to Thornton & Getzlaf.

I would definately want the #8 pick if they are moving Fowler to Buffalo.

35 minutes ago, nate said:

Holy shit an 8 for Fowler?

Work your magic Murray.  Work it. 

But yeah.  Depending on what we give up, I would not mind it.  Fowler + #30 for the #8?  I don't think I'd do both the 24 and 30.  Then again, maybe I'm putting too much value into the 24 and 30.  Then again, if you go 24 and 30 and Fowler, could you even move up higher?  CBJ by all intents and purposes at #3 is dead in the water in terms of salary cap. 

Ok, blowing smoke here.  3 team trade.  Sabers or Canadians get Fowler + 30.  CBJ gets the 8 or 9.  Ducks get 3 and take on the contract of Hartnell?  (And it doesn't seem like CBJ gets much out of the deal, but that's how bad their cap situation is.  They only have $4 million in cap space and still have to sign Seth Jones) 

2 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

Detroit in the Fowler talks as well. This is great news. Bidding war for Fowler will hopefully net us more than expected.

Snapshots: Shaw, Fowler, Red Wings

This article says the Red Wings first round #16 pick, and possible Anthony Mantha.  21 YO.  RW, Left handed shot.  6'5" 214.  According to Hockey's Future for 2015-2016 he was ranked #42 overall.  Behind #41 John Gibson, # 29 Nick Ritchie, and #20 Shea Theodore.  Broke leg, lost speed is a concern.  But man, you'd really have to think about it.