• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

7 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

damn, thats a bummer.

perron to stl for 2 years, $3.75m per. he was great with getzlaf, wish we could have kept him. the carousel of LW on that line continues.

That sounds like a pretty reasonable deal. 

3 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Murray asleep at the wheel. Unless this has to do with Lindholm contract, it seems the budget is ultra tight & they are probally going to what they did last year & sign more of those 925K 1year contracts to guys coming off terrible years.

Would have to think at this point a trade for a LWer is in the books. 

53 minutes ago, halobob said:

Backes between Rakell and Perry would've been fucking beastly.  I don't know what the Ducks are doing not going for it in Getzy/Perry's prime.  

According to Montreal news media Getzlaf & Perry are over the hill old guys at age 31. Still got about 7 seasons worth of value from them.

46 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

According to Montreal news media Getzlaf & Perry are over the hill old guys at age 31. Still got about 7 seasons worth of value from them.

montreal is a joke. they chose therrien over subban. idiots.

reminds me of when they chose the coach over that popular patrick roy kid and booted him out of town.

remember how that worked out for them..

What an awful day for the Ducks. We lost 3 wingers, Thompson is still out too ASB, Rakell and Hampus unsigned. We don't even have enough guys to fill a roster right now lol. You almost have to bring back Pirri, Santorelli, and Horcroff now. I do think we'll nab a top 6 LW in a Fowler trade eventually but damn... Oh, and still no backup goalie.

According to sportrac, Ducks are $14.8 million under the cap.  Only think I can think of is Lindholm and Rakell are going to be more expensive than thought.  If Lindholm gets in the area of what Ekblad's $7.5 million, that would leave $7.1 million.  Rakell is going to be $3-4 million and that would leave $3.1-4.1 million for a goalie and whatever else we can pick up. 

So while it sucks we haven't picked up anyone.  I can see why.  I'd rather keep what I have than overpay for something else.

Lindholm is not a 7 mil a year player.  If that's what he's asking we have a problem and IMO we start looking to trade him.  That's crazy.  His production doesn't even approach justifying that kind of money.  Seth Jones is an approximately good player and his team the blue jackets were in a much more difficult position in terms of offer sheet threats.  Lindholm should get a deal similar to his. 

In general I agree that we don't want to throw money around but the Ducks don't have the depth in the forward corps to do nothing.  We have a problem right now.  I have no idea what Bob is doing.  Kinda starting to panic.