• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I'm concerned this is a real problem.  If so, terribly disappointing. 

If only both Anaheim franchises had owners that have a combination of smarts like the Samuelis & Arte's wallet.

Then they could spend when needed but no owner stepping in to sign a Pujols or Brad Richards.

Ha. He wasn't that bad. And Maroon had more value than given credit for.

I predict that at the end of next season, after Getzlaf has missed half the games with a broken hand/wrist and Manson is beat to sh*t from too much fighting, Murray will come out and over pay for three guys just like Stewart and Maroon stating, "We need to get tougher."

Oh, and Nate, what do you think is going to happen if Pittsburgh offers Lindholm 6.5 or so a year. Just because BM 'says' he'll match it, doesn't mean he actually will. That would be great to lose Lindholm for that #30 overall pick. If he did match it, we're stuck with not enough players and not enough money (at least money we'll spend).

I'm more Jon Stewart'ing than thinking this will all go bad for the Ducks. BM has talent. He also has short comings. This off season has a lot of different ways it could turn. Some real possibilities wouldn't work out very well.

31 minutes ago, nate said:

Stewart sucked, no big loss.

Only having 3m in cap space (after assumed Rakell and Lindholm deals) hurts.  Really have to be creative.  Need to get Fowler and maybe Stoner too off the books.

They lost even their AHL guys to fee agency such as Mueller. Murray hasn't even done a AHL signing. Did the Samuelis give him only a roll of quarters to spend with ? It seems like it.

Bargain Bob will sign some guy who Edmonton wouldn't even touch with a 10foot pole.

43 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

You guys are all panicking for nothing. I'm sure Bargain Bob has already awoken from his drunken stupor following the Vatanen signing. He's probably out scouring the dumpsters as I type.

Bruce F'ed him by stealing Stewart. Unless that jaw is made of glass now.

U might be on to something, perhaps Bob Murray has a drinking problem & no trades happened because he was drunk at the draft & drunk on Crown Royal Manhattan cocktails on July 1st since it was Canada day.

I don't see Fowler bringing the return some think he will. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on our roster this year because no one would offer anything worth giving him up for. Maybe things will tighten up after the season starts. But I would think BM isn't going to get a good offer before then. And, then maybe not after. 

16 minutes ago, nate said:

Don't think that Kerdilles will be up.

I think it goes:

????/Getzlaf/Perry

????/Rakell/Richie

Silf/Kes/Cogs

????/Wagner/Noesen

Thompson will end up on the 4th line when he is healthy.

We also still have Garbutt.  For the fourth, a Ritchie/Wagner/Garbutt would be a bang and grind line.  Perry and rakell worked well last season, maybe keep them together and find a LW for them?  I really think Getzlaf just needs someone to crash the net, and whoever that is will work fine on his line.  Not sure who at the Gulls is that type of player.

And for entertainment purposes I hope Tropp makes the team.  So we can call him Nate.  Or maybe make comments on if Corey and Nate had a kid. 

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

We also still have Garbutt.  For the fourth, a Ritchie/Wagner/Garbutt would be a bang and grind line.  Perry and rakell worked well last season, maybe keep them together and find a LW for them?  I really think Getzlaf just needs someone to crash the net, and whoever that is will work fine on his line.  Not sure who at the Gulls is that type of player.

And for entertainment purposes I hope Tropp makes the team.  So we can call him Nate.  Or maybe make comments on if Corey and Nate had a kid. 

Then they could just put Ritchie on the Top line LW role & only need to trade for a LW for the Rakell/Perry line.

Defensively.  we really need to move some of them.

Lindholm/Vatanen would be top line

Bieska/Theodore or Fowler

Stoner/Montour or Manson or Holzer

Fowler if we keep him could be substituted above.  I know people are high on Despres.  But he has 5 years with a 3.7 million cap hit per year left.  I really don't think he will crack the top 4.  And him on the bottom pairing is just doesn't seem right.  Reason I like Stoner there, is he is a stay at home defenseman.  Last season he was probably one of the most consistent defensemen.  Plus he's a banger, and for the bottom pairing, I like to have a physical line to keep teams from taking liberties. 

As backup, you'd still have Manson.  And possibly can sign Holzer for cheap. 

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

Defensively.  we really need to move some of them.

Lindholm/Vatanen would be top line

Bieska/Theodore or Fowler

Stoner/Montour or Manson or Holzer

Fowler if we keep him could be substituted above.  I know people are high on Despres.  But he has 5 years with a 3.7 million cap hit per year left.  I really don't think he will crack the top 4.  And him on the bottom pairing is just doesn't seem right.  Reason I like Stoner there, is he is a stay at home defenseman.  Last season he was probably one of the most consistent defensemen.  Plus he's a banger, and for the bottom pairing, I like to have a physical line to keep teams from taking liberties. 

As backup, you'd still have Manson.  And possibly can sign Holzer for cheap. 

With all the D prospects they could get a much better LW if they included Montour in the deal & they still got Larsson as a prospect.