• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Friedman is talking about this one.

Friedman’s Latest: RFAs, Yakupov, Datsyuk

Evidently that thought has also occurred to the Jets and that has prompted interested suitors to try to engage a third team to help meet Winnipeg’s demands. One obvious team that could facilitate a trade would be Anaheim as Friedman notes. The Ducks still have Hampus Lindholm to come to terms with and recently sent both Brandon Montour and Shea Theodore – two of the team’s top blue line prospects – to San Diego in the AHL. They certainly have the depth to meet Winnipeg’s needs.

NHL Rumors: Kucherov, Gaudreau, Trouba, Ducks and Sabres

The Ducks are worried about potentially losing Cam Fowler in the expansion draft or as a free agent in two years. They don’t need help on the blueline, but do upfront. Fowler is a left-handed shot, which the Jets are interested, and could potentially be used in a three team deal.

Looks like the Jets are looking for a left handed shot defensemen of similar age as Trouba (22 YO).  Lindholm is a similar age, but I don't know if we are looking to trade him.  So that leaves the 25 year olds, Fowler and Depres.  Or the young ones, 18 year old Larrson or 21 year old Theodore. 

Also of note.  The Jets have $8.2 million of cap space left, and looks like Trouba is their last unsigned.

Takaways from the Gulls/Reign game. 

First, it was surprising that I didn't recognize a lot of the names on the team.  Welinski was among them that I didn't recognize, and he's only 23.  Kevin Roy was another that I didn't recognize, and well, he's a small guy.  A really small guy.  Hockeydb has him at 5'10".  He's more like a 5'5".  The standout of the game was the goalie though, Dustin Tokarski.  He was just positioned right through the game, controlled the rebounds.  Although it did get hectic at times when he wasn't able to control the rebounds.  But he did make some nice saves.  If you look at his career stats, he's not that bad.  If he continues to be solid at the Gulls, I can see the Ducks trading Bernier late in the season, and going with him as backup in the pipes. 

Overall, fun game and atmosphere.  Lots of both Ducks and Kings fans.  Although food and drinks were expensive. 

Rakell needs to shut up and sign. He had one decent season. I completely understand Lindholm since he's already a top 10 Defenseman but Rakell? Please. He scored 20 goals playing with Getzlaf and Perry. Lets not get carried away here. He is talented but geez. He's no Johnny Hockey.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Takaways from the Gulls/Reign game. 

First, it was surprising that I didn't recognize a lot of the names on the team.  Welinski was among them that I didn't recognize, and he's only 23.  Kevin Roy was another that I didn't recognize, and well, he's a small guy.  A really small guy.  Hockeydb has him at 5'10".  He's more like a 5'5".  The standout of the game was the goalie though, Dustin Tokarski.  He was just positioned right through the game, controlled the rebounds.  Although it did get hectic at times when he wasn't able to control the rebounds.  But he did make some nice saves.  If you look at his career stats, he's not that bad.  If he continues to be solid at the Gulls, I can see the Ducks trading Bernier late in the season, and going with him as backup in the pipes. 

Overall, fun game and atmosphere.  Lots of both Ducks and Kings fans.  Although food and drinks were expensive. 

Roy and Welinski were Ducks draft picks from a few years back who have been playing college hockey. The major reason why Roy isn't in the league is because of his size. You could see last night how skilled he is. What's funny is there were some Ducks fans who were worried that those two would pull a Shultz on us. 

As for Tokarski, he was great last night. I was pleasantly surprised as the word on him is that he's a mediocre goalie, even for AHL standards. 

I think the Gulls will be fun to watch this year. Looks like a lot of skill has been added compared to last year.

Just thinking out loud here.

But going off of past rumors.  The NJ GM is the one that drafted Depres.  They also just claimed PA Parenteau off waivers. 

So would you do a straight up trade, Depres for Parenteau?  Devils have $11.2 million in cap space, so taking on Depres contract shouldn't be a problem.  Parenteau is a UFA next season and is only owed $1.25 million.  That would save us about $2.5 million this season, and $3.75 million in the following 4 seasons.

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just thinking out loud here.

But going off of past rumors.  The NJ GM is the one that drafted Depres.  They also just claimed PA Parenteau off waivers. 

So would you do a straight up trade, Depres for Parenteau?  Devils have $11.2 million in cap space, so taking on Depres contract shouldn't be a problem.  Parenteau is a UFA next season and is only owed $1.25 million.  That would save us about $2.5 million this season, and $3.75 million in the following 4 seasons.

They signed Lovejoy in the offseason: Despres for Lovejoy. And the world goes round and round.

No, I'm not serious.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Stoner and Bieksa contracts really hurting the team.

Don't worry, Despres will make you forget about those contracts.  He's looked absolutely horrible in the preseason (on games that were on tv that I've seen), and we have him for 5 more years.  If Murray isn't trying aggressively to dump him for peanuts on some team, then he needs to be fired.

no need to trade them. something will get signed. of course the agent is going to say they are far apart, otherwise he gives up his angle.

the players have zero power here other than to sit out and not get paid.

rakell isn't even skating yet, so its not like we'd miss him.

lindholm sure, but we have so much D depth it's not that big of a deal. 

how about larsson? making the team over theo and montour. what a baller. and at 19. i think they use hampus being out to give him a little 9 game window, then send him back to sweden for a year and bring up theodore.

annoying though. this RFA situation has been tricky for years. we knew this was coming. wish they would have settled it before now.

at least rumor is lindholm realized the ekblad contract is just comical. the risto deal is more in line with current thinking, but he should get a little more since he's just plain better.