• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

How much time are we giving Ritchie before we start freaking out about him being a massive bust ?  I feel like he better show something by mid November. 

I don't think he's going to be a complete bust.  But he does seem like a 3/4 line guy.  Just his big body play style seems better for a grinding line.  But just my opinion, he spends a lot of time on the boards.  He should be more in the crease, doing what Kessler did on the first goal.  He'd block a lot of the sun in front of the goalie, and probably get more scoring chances.

I'm not out on him or anything but we definitely need him to be more then a 3rd or 4th liner.  The Ducks brass is counting on it.  I think your assesment of his skill set is spot on tho, he has the rare combo of a big frame and soft hands.  His ass needs to be absolutely parked in front of the net.

Edited by UndertheHalo

Pretty entertaining game tonight guys.  Notice I didn't say well played.  I don't feel like either team will be too happy with their defensive coverage.  I know from the Pens standpoint they have given up way too many shots the first two games.

Bernier and Fleury were both pretty solid, though Bernier would probably like his wandering toe drag back. 

I just read the previous page, that sucks about Despres.  I didn't realize he was going through those issues.

Like some of you have noted, its possible that Depres is legit done as a hockey player.  The concussion stuff just wont go away.  I cant really think of an example of a guy who keeps having these issues so frequently and returning healthy at any point.  These sort of things always end up in retirement.  He doesn't even need to be hit any more to experience symptoms.  Seems like its just a matter of time.  Really unfortunate - I know some of us dogged on him last year, but I think a lot of his issues are related to his health problems.  Depres was a real talented player.  Didn't profile as a number 1 guy but definitely a solid 2 or a great 2nd pairing guy. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

If it even happened, Murray would be fired instantly & all references to him having worked for the Ducks would be deleted from the records, he'd also probably go on a fishing trip with Luca Brasi.

I'd trade Lindholm if he and his agent are dead set on Ekblad money.  There is no way the Ducks should or could afford give him that much. 

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I'd trade Lindholm if he and his agent are dead set on Ekblad money.  There is no way the Ducks should or could afford give him that much. 

while i'd hate to do it, I definitely agree. Lindholm has done nothing to deserve that kind of money.  He doesn't score at a spectacular level and he is definitely not a shut down guy at this point in his career.  He's gonna get paid on promise that has not materialized.  Ekblad has been in the league one less year and Lindholm hasn't matched him once.  If Lindholm insists thats what he needs, we need to cut bait and trade him for A LOT. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Stoner is in.

And WTF Islanders.  Opening day, and a lot of open seats.

The Islanders are struggling to draw fans in Brooklyn, I don't think they will be there long.  Almost every game (exception rangers) is below $10 on stubhub day of game.