• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

46 minutes ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

With the way Fowler is playing, I actually don't want to trade him. His shot looks good and he's been our best player on the ice, IMO. We have a plethora of young D men and no wing depth. Its been beaten to a pulp already, but we need forward depth. I would be okay with trading Vatanen.

I'd be ok with basically any trade that would net us some decent forward talent at this point. 

4 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

With the way Fowler is playing, I actually don't want to trade him. His shot looks good and he's been our best player on the ice, IMO. We have a plethora of young D men and no wing depth. Its been beaten to a pulp already, but we need forward depth. I would be okay with trading Vatanen.

Just my weird thinking.  But if it was Fowler they were scouting, why even bother.  Most everyone in the league knows what he can do. 

So maybe that Vatanen has some legs?  Or are they scouting some other defenseman? 

Vs Devils and Islanders Defensemen were Bieska, Stoner, Fowler, Manson, Vatanen, Larson

Manson and Larson you could scratch, because they are cost effective.  Beiska has a NMC.  So that leaves Stoner, Fowler, and Vatanen.  Again, you know on Fowler.  So that leaves Stoner and Vatanen.  That the Ducks were scouting the Rangers makes me think it's a person on the roster.  That Manson and Larson are playing, and that Theodore and Montour are still some pretty kick ass backup, maybe that makes Vatanen expendible at $4.875 million a season. 

And if you factor in the draft.....Remembering that from one article I posted earlier, Montour and Theodore are eligible.  Larson would not be, since he is under the 2 years. 

Edited by gotbeer

To be fair, it's sort of to be expected that they'd be slow out the gates.  New coach, plenty of roster change etc..... but 0-5 the ongoing crap 2nd periods.  Last year I defended Getzlaf Perry  Fowler and company, I'm not doing that again.   This is a psychological thing with these guys.  This is a talented team and they just screw themselves with stupid play constantly.  Figure it out, Christ.  So frustrating to watch. 

if they were gonna trade for mantha, they should have done in the offseason

i would have been OK with mantha and that #16 pick. 

he's tearing up the AHL now, but is he ready? we need offense now. plan was for detroit to call him up later this year, guess we could speed that up a little. but ducks dont rush prospects.

but yeah he's awesome. would easily be our best forward prospect.