• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2016-2017 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

i thought we looked surprisingly decent the first two games.

especially given a) we always start the season as sh*t, b ) we have a new coach, and c) we are missing #1 D and top 6 forward.

bernier looked great.

this islanders game though... not so great thus far.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

To be fair, our bottom 6 is dog shit.  I think we all sort of knew depth scoring was going to be an issue. 

This is where we miss Rakell. 

Kessler/Silfverberg/Cogs

Perry/Rakell/Vermin

Getzlaf/Ritchie/plug and play

While we give Getzlaf a lot of shit.  He really could be with anyone and do well.  And I think one of the problems with Getzlaf/Ritchie/Perry is that you have two guys that should be camping in front of the net, when you only need one. 

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

This is where we miss Rakell. 

Kessler/Silfverberg/Cogs

Perry/Rakell/Vermin

Getzlaf/Ritchie/plug and play

While we give Getzlaf a lot of shit.  He really could be with anyone and do well.  And I think one of the problems with Getzlaf/Ritchie/Perry is that you have two guys that should be camping in front of the net, when you only need one. 

RC won't do that with Getzlaf. It's just not his style.  I could see him trying Raymond with Getzlaf, though.

And as far as Etem...  I'd rather have Perron back - much rather. Just BM doing what BM does. Dumpster diving. Always trying to catch magic in a bottle.

1 hour ago, nate said:

Getzlaf hasn't been bad this season, the biggest problem is the defense.  That and they have no forecheck, I really miss that about BB, he was all about the forecheck.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much neutral zone or blue line pressure like last year.  So far all three teams are just waltzing into the zone.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much neutral zone or blue line pressure like last year.  So far all three teams are just waltzing into the zone.

The Isles did a great job of controlling the neutral zone in the first two periods last night.

33 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

When the defense is as bad as its been these first 3 games its incredibly tough to watch. Opponents are standing right in front of the goalie uncontested and that's accounted for I'd say all but 2 of the goals we've given up so far.

Yep and cross ice passes near the crease are getting through with ease.

Lindholm will be signed, i'm willing to bet he was waiting for his close friend Rakell to sign first but that was held up because Rakell's surgery.

Would you be willing to accept a lesser return on Fowler if it meant them dumping a bad contract on another team ?

Stoner for example.

I think the trades situation is really being complicated by the expansion draft (obvious right) everyone knows we're in trouble with the D situation and I have no doubt we're getting super low balled on a guy like Cam Fowler.  In the end, we may just have to accept less then value for him.  They should have traded him last year.  The Depres situation is also not helpful.

Edited by UndertheHalo

i thought we looked fine in periods 2 and 3 of yesterdays game, we must have outshot them 2-1.

fowler looks great though, which makes him super tough to trade.  also i dont think you can go over the cap mid-season, so they have to make room before singning lindholm. that might be LTIR for despres and thompson.

getz has looked good. he has more shots in 3 games than he did all of last season. 

@mrwicked Here are some possible scenarios.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NHL_salary_cap

Yes, it's wikipedia, and it's based on older data.  But some notes.  First one is a dick move.  But may be worth considering.

NHL teams may buy-out player's contracts, but must still pay a portion of the money still owed which is spread out over twice the remaining duration of the contract. Any player can be bought out for one-third of the remaining salary if younger than 26 at the time of termination, or two-thirds if 26 or older, over twice the length of the remainder of their contract.

Depres is 25 this year.  He's owed $18.5 million over 5 years for a $3.7 million cap hit.  So if I'm reading it right.  It would mean if we buy him out, it would be 10 years at 1/3, so $1.23 million.  Shaving almost $2.5 million off the cap.  LTIR doesn't erase the cap hit.  It just let's you replace that cap amount. 

Note 2.

Salary for players sent to the minors, under most circumstances, do not count towards the cap while they are there.

Salary for players sent to the minors, under most circumstances, do not count towards the cap while they are there.

So while brief, this is probably what Stoner will be doing once Lindholm is signed.  If he is ever signed. 

So with Depres' $2.5 and Stoners about $3 million.  That's $5.5 million.  With about $340k in salary currently under the cap, so $5.8 million in cap space.  Now if you can replace Lindholms contract with Depres by LTIR him.  Then we are looking at $3.7 + Stoners $3 million + 340k, so $7 million.  So even if someone offer sheets him (one rumor flying around right now), we could theoretically match. 

Edited by gotbeer