• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Concert

Saw them on the same tour but at the Coliseum.  Enjoyed it but couldn't see as well as I would've liked.  Was on the field about 50 yard line.  Stood on my folding chair but only got glimpes of the stage.

I saw that show as well. Took my wife to that one while the Vegas show was with the guys. If I remember right Davy Jones came on stage and sang Daydream Believer in that one.

The best concert I ever attended was The Mars Volta at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia back in 2005. I thought there was no way they'd be able to re-create the sounds of their albums live but boy, was I wrong. They played pretty much all of Del-oused in the Comatorium and Frances the Mute back-to-back.

One of my good friends growing up became an accountant for Bill Graham in the 70's.

I've been to so many concerts that I barely even remember...I've stayed away from this thread.

But lately one came to mind. Doubt many of you remember the Rose Palace in Pasadena...

But I saw...Led Zeppelin...playing as a back up band on their first trip to America.

Saw them many, many, times after that...probably the best band ever to see live.

One of the best things about being old, is we got to see all the great ones.

Always cheap, and sometimes (especially for me) free.

One of my good friends growing up became an accountant for Bill Graham in the 70's.

I've been to so many concerts that I barely even remember...I've stayed away from this thread.

But lately one came to mind. Doubt many of you remember the Rose Palace in Pasadena...

But I saw...Led Zeppelin...playing as a back up band on their first trip to America.

Saw them many, many, times after that...probably the best band ever to see live.

One of the best things about being old, is we got to see all the great ones.

Always cheap, and sometimes (especially for me) free.

Led Zeppelin must have been cool I wish I could have seen them. Closest I had was seeing Whitesnake open for Dio at the Forum in 84. I always felt like Whitesnake was trying to imitate Zeppelin.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I'm going to revive this thread to say that we're going to see Petty tonight in Austin. I have to say that I'm pretty pumped as I've never seen him before.

I saw Tom Petty and the Black Crowes back in 2005.  I remember both were good live but definitely remember more of Petty's performance which was damn good. 

3 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I'm going to revive this thread to say that we're going to see Petty tonight in Austin. I have to say that I'm pretty pumped as I've never seen him before.

sorry to hear this. 

you know, petty is an old celtic name that means "lover of cats."

Edited by Tank

Last weekend I saw ZZ Top in Maui at a private event.   Our owner decided to out do herself from last Hawaii trip, when she got Alice Cooper to perform for us.  ZZ Top were cool as hell.  I think the number one reason to be a Rock Star isn't all the tail you get, but somehow you just end up being a super cool old dude with a crazy amount of self confidence.  OH and you probably still get laid when you are an old dude.  

5 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

I heard the food there was gourmet

5 minutes ago, JAHV76 said:

I heard the food there was gourmet

it was top drawer, but i heard the hotel rooms were even nicer, like being at the ritz.

12 hours ago, Tank said:

reminds me of fast times at ridgemont high: "jeff spicoli saves brooke shields life; blows reward money hiring van halen."

Stu were did you get that jacket?

After this I'm heading over to the Australian and Hawaiian internationals, and then me and Mick are going to wing on over to London and jam with the Stones! 

That movie was just like my senior year in high school.

John Butler Trio at Lolla in Chicago back in 2008. There were a lot of great shows there that year, but that one was my personal favorite. That's a group well worth the price of seeing if they're anywhere remotely close.

• 1 year later...

I was going through some old records and came across In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida.

Back in 82 or 83 on a Friday night some friends took me to see Iron Butterfly at what can best be described as a Bar somewhere in Long Beach or San Pedro. A long skinny building where the back room had a very high bandstand against the back wall. At the opposite end of the room were two equally high tables, one to the left and one to the right. One top of the table was a flat bar stool with an overhead projector.  On top of the projector was a pyrex baking dish with colored liquids and then another dish on top, from what I could tell. At each projector was a girl.  When the band started playing the projectors came on and the stage was covered in Psychedelic colors as the girls made the liquids in the dishes move in time with the music.  

The seating area was just long tables running from the stage to the back, so you had to try and turn towards the stage.

They were extremely loud.  I remember timing them during In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida and it ran to the minute of the LP.

I think my ears were still ringing when I went to work the following Monday.