• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Concert

You're absolutely right Ray. Most people would skip over him when talking about great concerts. He was by far the most entertaining person I've ever seen. Played like 2 hours, outfit changes for every song, band sounded incredible. Had a smile on my face the whole time.

You were there?  When Billy Joe put electrical tape for a stache and did Bohemian Rhapsody?  My old district manager at Game Stop had a ticket hookup and found out about the show that way.

Yup, my mom was able to score 8 tickets through the Green Day fan club if I remember correctly.  I was so pumped when she called and told me as were my friends who got to go!  Sadly I don't recall Bohemian Rhapsody but I do remember We Will Rock you.  I wish I had a video of that entire concert so I could relive it!

That's a tough one.

One of my first concerts was the Cure at the Forum back in the late eighties...was a fantastic show. I can still remember the intro, The Kiss. Great way to start a concert.

Violent Femmes always put on a great show, saw them at the Coach House once in the mid 90's...was friggen fantastic.

Flogging Molly is always fun.

Ministry and Nine Inch Nails at the old Gibson ampitheater was an amazing show.

Pogues was great...the show was so so and Shane MacGowan was a train wreck, but since I had flown to Glasgow to see it...was pretty cool.

Probably my favorite right now is Trombone Shorty...always fantastic.

That's a tough one.

One of my first concerts was the Cure at the Forum back in the late eighties...was a fantastic show. I can still remember the intro, The Kiss. Great way to start a concert.

Violent Femmes always put on a great show, saw them at the Coach House once in the mid 90's...was friggen fantastic.

Flogging Molly is always fun.

Ministry and Nine Inch Nails at the old Gibson ampitheater was an amazing show.

Pogues was great...the show was so so and Shane MacGowan was a train wreck, but since I had flown to Glasgow to see it...was pretty cool.

Probably my favorite right now is Trombone Shorty...always fantastic.

Wow, these all sound amazing.

Also, I am pretty sure Shane MacGowan was always a train wreck.

Great thread already, here's my list:

Boingo's last concert, amazing 3+ hour performance

Bare naked Ladies- saw them about five years ago up north at Wendt Vineyards, very small crowd of I would say less than 1,000, probably closer to 500.

Paul Mcartney- saw him twice last summer, one at Dodger Stadium one at Petco

Garth Brooks- seen him twice, once in Anaheim probably 18 years ago, once in his Vegas show. I preferred the Vegas show, because it was interactive and he played music from the people who inspired his music.

Wow, these all sound amazing.

Also, I am pretty sure Shane MacGowan was always a train wreck.

True...I saw them play in Los Angeles a few years back. It was sad...the band trying to milk as much money off of the walking corpse of Shane while they can. He stumbles on stage, barely coherent to begin with and then takes a huge slug of Jameson...the crowd goes wild as he drunkingly slams an aluminum try against his skull during Fiesta...the band all looks at each other and shrugs as he stumbles to the ground, unable to get up. Vowed that was the last time I was going to go to their show, was too disturbing watching everyone cheer committing suicide on stage.

True...I saw them play in Los Angeles a few years back. It was sad...the band trying to milk as much money off of the walking corpse of Shane while they can. He stumbles on stage, barely coherent to begin with and then takes a huge slug of Jameson...the crowd goes wild as he drunkingly slams an aluminum try against his skull during Fiesta...the band all looks at each other and shrugs as he stumbles to the ground, unable to get up. Vowed that was the last time I was going to go to their show, was too disturbing watching everyone cheer committing suicide on stage.

Yeesh that is sad.

3 best headliners have been Thrice in Seattle, Incubus in Portland and Queens of the Stone Age in Portland. I happened to work with a girl who was cousins with the guitarist from Queens and she hooked it up with back stage passes. Got to meet the band and all that. Everyone was super cool and wanted to go out partying. I was only 21 and 2 of the people we were with were 19 so I had to decline. I should have ditched them...

Best full show I have seen was in Eugene. Silversun Pickups were headlining and they were awesome but Cage the Elephant and Manchester Orchestra opened and I have since become huge fans of both of those bands because of that show