• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can this trend be reversed? SJWs

Adam

8 hours ago, Adam said:

I just recently found out a teammate of mine in college was the director of the Berkeley library system - a $175K job (WTF??????). Anyway they protested him and got him shitcanned/forced him to resign. 

lol dude the city gardeners in SF make $130k. it's a pricey area.

that's lame though if he got booted out for a stupid reason.

8 hours ago, colt4405 said:

Fact. 

Just my life experience. 

Well you are pretty far to the left, to be right from you could still be pretty left.  

Also stereotypes are based on facts.  I highly doubt most if any here have had close to your experience with "right wing" teachers being the norm.  

2 hours ago, colt4405 said:

I'm really not far left. I'm actually a frustrated fiscal conservative. I feel like the right today wants to impose many things that are un-American. 

As for people here's experience, I'd say it's a generational thing. Going to high school during the Iraq war and college right after Obama's election. Also being in Orange County it's not good politics to be openly liberal as a teacher. I'm sure I had plenty of liberal teachers but they were much less likely to show it.

I don't claim for my experience to speak for the majority. I just think overall it's a fabricated stereotype, based on my experience.

It is nonsense to call it a fabricated stereotype because of your OC experience.  i too went to school in OC and I can't think of any of my teachers growing up except for my economics teacher that leaned towards the right.  Just because your experience is one thing doesn't mean it is fabricated.  It is no different than you hating religion because you had one bad pastor.  It's silly at best.  

And all you have to do is ask whether you're more likely to be a liberal or a conservative if you are in the teachers union or if you have a liberal arts degree are you more likely to be a conservative or a liberal?  

But since you had more vocal conservative teachers than the rest of humanity it's all fabricated.  

7 hours ago, colt4405 said:

I quit going to church because I felt it had become a political cult at best. Obama was being referred to as the anti-christ every sunday. The god hates fags mantra. 85% of "christians" voting for Trump has confirmed what the church has become IMHO. I'm sure there are plenty of good churches but obviously they are difficult to find. 

I had my experience with teachers expressing political views and I can only tell you that the outspoken ones were overwhelmingly conservative including college. Teachers are for the most part free thinkers, they don't all think a like.  The fact that you cannot separate yourself from the crazy libby teacher narrative is an example of why I think it is a fabricated stereotype by the right. All you have to do is look at the agenda for the current far right and its obvious why they want to demonize educators...

I have several friends that are educators and they are all hardcore, safety pin wearing,  leftists.  

1 hour ago, colt4405 said:

It just seems overblown to me. I'm sure the majority vote in their own financial interests, which is democrat, but I really think most of them keep politics out of the classroom. It's possible things have changed as politics have gotten more extreme.

I sure hope so.

21 hours ago, Geoff said:

So libs ... is Bill right?   And do you think his rant will actually wake people on the left up?

He's right, but no, the rant won't change a thing.  He's been ranting about this shit for years.

Also, according to Jay, you're also considered a lib here.

So, what's your take, lib?

3 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

He's right, but no, the rant won't change a thing.  He's been ranting about this shit for years.

Also, according to Jay, your also considered a lib here.

So, what's your take, lib?

Well hell, if Jay said it!

I think he's pretty close to spot on.  And because he's spot on, nothing will change. 

15 hours ago, colt4405 said:

As I've stated I do not like the title liberal, but of course I agree. Democrats need to take a page from their 98-2008 gay rights stance and talk out of both sides of their mouth. Should be a minor adjustment.

There's no debate that SJW's fail to relate to the working class. Most of them haven't been a part of it.  

They seem to be a growing demographic in the democrat party.