• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

It looks like a new team.

Only down side was Gurley's continued struggles, although he broke loose on a 23 yard screen pass.  He has to pick it up.  CBS commentator was saying that his leg strength still didn't seem to be where it should be.

Helps to have more reliable receivers.

Still have to remind myself that it's only one game, and Luck wasn't playing.

It was so bad for the Colts, that even Vinattieri missed a chip shot 37 yarder.

4 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It looks like a new team.

Only down side was Gurley's continued struggles, although he broke loose on a 23 yard screen pass.  He has to pick it up.  CBS commentator was saying that his leg strength still didn't seem to be where it should be.

Helps to have more reliable receivers.

Still have to remind myself that it's only one game, and Luck wasn't playing.

It was so bad for the Colts, that even Vinattieri missed a chip shot 37 yarder.

I don't think Gurley looked that bad. Looked much better than last season. He'll be fine

He has always been a mercurial type receiver, running hot and cold.   Could also be an adjustment period with a new QB, and the QB adjusting to a new system. 

Thank goodness Gurley showed up, having his best game in a while.   At least there is promise now, unlike the wretched state of the team a year ago.

That Gurley TD where he hurdled that other player and reached out with one hand to break the plane of the endzone was spectacular, though.

Overall, Sunday's game wasn't a win, but I think they played (with the exception of penalties) fairly well.  They came back and tied it up, but couldn't push for another score, or stop Washington from scoring.  It wasn't a completely demoralizing game, is my point.

Thursday's game was somewhat similar, but it was more demoralizing than last Sunday.  Gurley looks great so far.  Hopefully last year was just a sophomore slump, and he can really reach his potential this year.  With him going, and the receivers actually catching the ball, I like our offense.  Goff looks sharp, mature, and strong.  Hopefully Sammy isn't hurt.

The defense looked bad.  The frigging niners were having their way with us.  The niners.

Goff is doing exactly what he's capable of. You never know if a guy will keep it up, but it was clear to me last year that nothing was in place to put him and the offense in any sort of a position to succeed. I've probably watched more of him than most, and the throws that he's making are exactly what he did in school. He can put the ball in places that only his guys can get to. He just needs some protection and receivers that are competent.

People that were judging him on the basis of last year clearly weren't considering how terrible his coaching, protection and receiving was last year.

Sure, he may still fail yet, but at least he has a reasonable chance to succeed now.

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Three important things happened to help Goff greatly.    Firing the stone age offense minded Fisher, hiring the new age offense minded McVay, and dumping that total flop Greg Robinson from the OL.

Robinson may well be as big of a flop as there has been from a top two overall draft pick.

Ryan Leaf laughs at this