• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Rams thread

Angel Oracle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm excited.  A week away from preseason games.  Games where the Rams have a chance to win.

But seriously, I'm cautiously optimistic.  Very cautiously.  I'm willing to throw this team under a bus if I don't like what I see in the next month, but I think they'll be better than last season.  Feels like a similar feeling as the Angels this spring.  If only the Rams had the Mike Trout of football.

No idea about the CB the rams gave up but they also gave up a 2nd round pick in 2018 while getting a 6th round pick back.  Since Watkins entered the league and started playing regular season games he's had thigh, calf, ankle and foot injuries while missing 11 games over the last 2 seasons.  He's in a contract year so you're banking on him to stay healthy and play for his next contract which works in the Rams favor but for a team with so many needs that 2nd round pick could hurt if this doesn't work out.

Desperate move by the Rams imo. Give up another high pick for a potential bust. Watkins is a Free Agent at the end of the year unless they tag him or resign 

Truman johnson has been tagged the last 2 season. They may potentially lose him at the end of the year as well

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Kenny said:

He was ranked 3rd in the top 100 players by ESPN.  Throw some money at him, Rams.

It's not that easy unfortunately.   Part of it is Kroneke.   Love that he brought the Rams back to their rightful home, and throwing mad money to build Rams Stadium.  But he does have an history of not being overly generous to his players.   But part of it is also the hard salary cap.  They can only give him so much money this season, partly thanks to Johnson's $17 million franchise tag salary.  

I've never been a fan of a player under contract holding out. Be an honorable person and honor your commitment. Don't like your current contract? Then sign a better deal next time.

have read that Donald and the Rams have agreed on money and years, but Donald wants an opt-out clause after three years and the Rams aren't interested.