• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holiday Shopping

Jay

Am I the only one that saw Adam say he watched YouTube videos while people advise him to watch YouTube videos?

I was trying to word it so I was acknowledging he watched one. Not implying he watch one.

With trampolines you need all the help you can get especially if you are trying to do it at night.

Anyone know of a good place to buy Vegas concert tickets without getting screwed? I am so afraid of where this will lead this thread but here it goes, I am looking for Elton John tickets at Caesars. Adam and Brandon, I am sure you will have something obvious to say, and yes of course I will get you two tickets and the Honeymoon suite as per usual.

Anyone know of a good place to buy Vegas concert tickets without getting screwed? I am so afraid of where this will lead this thread but here it goes, I am looking for Elton John tickets at Caesars. Adam and Brandon, I am sure you will have something obvious to say, and yes of course I will get you two tickets and the Honeymoon suite as per usual.

Try this. Linked through Caesar's website

http://www.axs.com/series/40/elton-john-at-the-colosseum-tickets?skin=elton&aff=CLV_EltonJohnTheMillionDollarPiano&_ga=1.262073677.1522077733.1450463367

Hope you enjoy the Barbara streisan- I mean......elton John show

You mean they aren't the same person?

*Strad the Ceasars link should do fine. Try downloding the bandsintown app for future shows. They link to tickets everywhere.

Edited by ELEVEN

Naw, nothing to add. The post stands on its own.

Free two day shipping as long as you are subscribed.

If it is a heavy item (I recently ordered two 55lb dumbells) they will send it via 3 day ground.

If it is not sold by amazon.com or fulfilled in their warehouse you do not get the free shipping, shipping is whatever the seller indicates.

The only other exception I have found is that there are "add-on" items that they will only ship for free if you spend at least $25.  It is usually stuff like 3 dollar packages of pencils, glue sticks, fish hooks, or other small cheap stuff like that.

Is amazon prime free shipping as long as you have it, or just when you first sign up? I have to buy a bunch of stuff and obviously shipping this late in the year is gonna kill me. Can i buy something right now, and still get the free shipping through the weekend?

I think you get a free 30-day trial at the beginning with Prime. I did it just for the reason you are describing. Had a bunch of stuff to purchase that would've cost me a ton to ship. Signed up for the free trial and got everything shipped free in 2 days. Also got the Prime video and music and everything else a Prime membership includes. After the trial, I just kept it. It is well worth the $99. You make up for it a bunch of times over. Really good product.

Is amazon prime free shipping as long as you have it, or just when you first sign up? I have to buy a bunch of stuff and obviously shipping this late in the year is gonna kill me. Can i buy something right now, and still get the free shipping through the weekend?

As long as you have it. Just make sure that what you're ordering states that it is eligible for Prime.

I love Amazon Prime. So does the wife, but since it's my Prime account, anything she orders on it gets sent to my email.

It's caused her to try to be creative when buying me gifts.

Families get two accounts.  Go into your account and setup the family part of it.  She can get all the prime benefits without you finding out what she ordered.

Yeah she loves to look at everything, buy crap just because it has a red tag,  and wander aimlessly. I'm the kind who knows what I want, where to find it, and get the hell out. I do all the grocery shopping. If we had to shop together we'd never last.

Here is my strategy when we go to clothing stores (like Kohl's):

1. Find the area where they have either living room chairs or patio furniture.

2. Claim the most comfortable chair.

3. Pull out cell phone and play games until the text comes that says "We're checking out."

4. Wait 4-5 minutes for the "Oh, I didn't see that" stops on the way to the register.

5. Rise from said chair and wander toward the front at a leisurely pace.

When it's clothes only I don't mind playing super husband and holding the bag while she tries things on since I can usually find a chair. It's the knick-knacks and make up and perfume and station to station trips I hate. I've been doing the same thing for my daughter but that's mostly so I can approve price and style.

Here is my strategy when we go to clothing stores (like Kohl's):

1. Find the area where they have either living room chairs or patio furniture.

2. Claim the most comfortable chair.

3. Pull out cell phone and play games until the text comes that says "We're checking out."

4. Wait 4-5 minutes for the "Oh, I didn't see that" stops on the way to the register.

5. Rise from said chair and wander toward the front at a leisurely pace.

#4 is very important and it's a trap new boyfriends/husbands can easily fall into. It's the store equivalent of "I'm ready to go."

My Dad put together a Lionel train set complete with platform every Christmas Eve after we kids were asleep. The thing was pretty elaborate with a Christmas village and everything.

A couple months ago I built a 48"x36" table out of mahogany with the intention of doing this.  It has been a really busy 6 weeks so I didn't get around to ordering everything I need but I want to do this next year.

I was going to go with the vintage car village with the train set.

A couple months ago I built a 48"x36" table out of mahogany with the intention of doing this. It has been a really busy 6 weeks so I didn't get around to ordering everything I need but I want to do this next year.

I was going to go with the vintage car village with the train set.

I did this when my kids were preteens. We had two 4x8 plywood boards with bridges connecting them together. A large expandable HO scale trainset, and several HO scale slot car sets wandered thru the mini villages that we all built and customized together. The bridges were removable so we could physicaly get to everything. We spent months on it and it was great building it with my kids. They really had good ideas and got into it so much they spent a lot less time in front of the TV. I had to figure out how to get it the way they wanted it, but that was part of the challenge. We had it up in the garage for about 2 years and their friends would go nuts when they saw it.

Good luck with the project!