• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holiday Shopping

Jay

Share your gift ideas and purchases here.

Today I was shopping at REI and saw these:

yeti-colster-f.jpg

I thought it was pretty cool, stainless steel insulated cooler cup.  YETI is a really high-end brand of coolers.

Then I asked the guy, how much is this?  He said $30.  "Each?" I asked.

Anyway the problem with these is, you can't give them as a gift because even though you spent $30, they'll think you spent $10.

I went to Amazon to pick out some items for the kids and the Shipping was more than the items. Like $400 in shipping, I said F-that and signed up for Amazon Prime 30 day trial and cut the shipping down to $60.

All I want for Christmas is a $500 wiring harness for my '69 Spitfire. Looks like I'm probably going to get a damn Yeti travel cup I don't need.

Thanks I'll check it out.

When I saw the one above (in case it's not clear it's an insulated beer-can holder) I thought it would make a cool stocking stuffer but I got sticker shock.  I thought of it maybe as a white elephant gift also but I would want to give a pair of them, not just one.  At $30 each forget it.

Here's the $10 model that most people would think they have just received:

41nrtmDsQuL.jpg

Edited by Jay

I went to Amazon to pick out some items for the kids and the Shipping was more than the items. Like $400 in shipping, I said F-that and signed up for Amazon Prime 30 day trial and cut the shipping down to $60.

All I want for Christmas is a $500 wiring harness for my '69 Spitfire. Looks like I'm probably going to get a damn Yeti travel cup I don't need.

Those old wiring harnesses can be easily copied if you are handy and want a weekend project.

Jay, I did see they had some Stanley insulated beer glasses for around 20. And they have a beer opener on the lid. Kind of a cool retro look. I saw them at Ralphs as well. I have something similar from Stanley...makes for a great pint glass while sitting at some campsite with a beer watching the sunset.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Classic-Vacuum-Hammertone-Green/dp/B00LCEO6MQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450332381&sr=8-1&keywords=stanley+beer+glass

Amazon Prime is awesome. Usually if you are paying for shipping it is a seller other than Amazon.com.

My wife and I probably did about 95% of our shopping on Amazon.

Don't have to leave the house and receive it at our front door in two days?? Can't beat that.

Same here. I have a few things I've accumulated throughout the year but the rest is almost exclusively from Amazon.

My wife loves shopping too much. I could never take that away from her. The fact that she likes to go alone makes it even better.

My shop at work has a little snack bar that we run. I decided to take over doing the purchasing for it so I could buy the stuff at Sam's Club and get the cash back for it. The other day I went before work to restock and I was by myself, and I got excited. As I walked in I reimagined the Billy Idol song:

Shopping by myself

Oh oh oh shopping by myself

If I had the mind

I'd leave my wife behind

And I'll be shopping by myself

oh oh oh-oh

It was beautiful. No wasted time wandering around, no extra money spent.

Amazon Prime is such a great deal. Mostly free shipping and you get Prime video and Prime music all included for free. Free ebooks too.

I only buy stuff on Amazon now if it qualifies for prime 2 day shipping, or delayed free shipping. 

Amazon prime has changed a bit recently. The two-day shipping is based on when it leaves the warehouse, not when you placed your order.

Pro tip: use this to your advantage. When something arrives later than expected, politely complain (imagine you're British or something) to them. I've done that twice recently and gotten two free months of Prime added to my account.

Edited by Glen

Amazon prime has changed a bit recently. The two-day shipping is based on when it leaves the warehouse, not when you placed your order.

Pro tip: use this to your advantage. When something arrives later than expected, politely complain (imagine you're British or something) to them. I've done that twice recently and gotten two free months of Prime added to my account.

Yep, anytime something is late I send them a note and get a free month tacked on.