• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holiday Shopping

Jay

Where's the best place to get a nice fake tree after Christmas?

Not sure about after Christmas but Costco sells really good trees.  We were looking at Target, Michaels and Home Depot.  Then we checked out the Costco tree.  The quality is much much better.  They cost a bit more but worth it IMO.  I think ours was 400 for a 6.5 foot tree.

#4 is very important and it's a trap new boyfriends/husbands can easily fall into. It's the store equivalent of "I'm ready to go."

That one was an acquired skill. In the beginning, I took "We're ready to go" literally, and it caused a lot of wasted time. Sometimes we hadn't made it to checkout ten minutes later.

Many great deals out there, but the lines in some of the stores are incredibly long. Not good when it takes a half-hour to check out. Many department stores have only two places where you can pay. At each place there can be 8-10 cash registers, but usually only three (maybe four) people working. And there's always customers who have a complicated return/exchange problem, or something wrong with their credit card.

I stopped in at a Ross store the other day and the line was all the way to the back of the store. They had ten registers and there were three people working.

I turned around and left.

That seems to be an ongoing theme. The last time that my wife and daughter went Black Friday shopping, it took two hours for them to check out at Kohl's. As for me, I'm not quite that interested in a deal, especially with all the stuff that I can buy online and never leave the house.

That seems to be an ongoing theme. The last time that my wife and daughter went Black Friday shopping, it took two hours for them to check out at Kohl's. As for me, I'm not quite that interested in a deal, especially with all the stuff that I can buy online and never leave the house.

Standing in line is so 2005.

Edited by Ray McKigney

I had to go to Walmart last night and I was dreading it. Surprisingly, it went well. The parking lot was mostly full but inside it wasn't busy (I was in Hesperia so maybe a bunch of people were doing meth deals in their cars). Got our stuff and only had to wait behind one person to check out. Our checker was a charming lady who was only missing a few teeth on the bottom.

Four stars out of five.

Remember when retailers used to hire extra help for the holiday season? They figured out that if they just advertise a few sale items then huge crowds wil fight their way into the store and wait in ridiculous lines to try to get a "great deal". They'll bitch and moan about the service all while forking over the cash that no longer has to be used for something as vile as additional labor.

Where's the best place to get a nice fake tree after Christmas?

Stradling.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot on Dec 26th...right before they open, treat it like Black Friday. There might be a line.

We got our $400 tree for $75. Top of the line tree, lights pre attached. Lady actually tried to steal it from us. I'm standing there with my hand on the box and she starts trying to take it away. They don't have many. Great deal on lights and other decorations as well. We picked up a cool set (3) of Dr. Seuss Christmas for the front lawn, lights and all, for $25.

I get another package in the mail Saturday and figure it's the last of the Amazon purchases when I realize it's not from Amazon, it's from my parents.

Shit.

Dad had sworn off Christmas presents years ago but this shows up so now we are screwed because this was the first year I didn't go out of my way to find something for them. So any money I saved on Amazon shipping I just blew sending some Toffee to my parents.

http://nottitoffee.com/

You'd think these guys would give me a discount because of the family name.

Edited by notti

A couple months ago I built a 48"x36" table out of mahogany with the intention of doing this.  It has been a really busy 6 weeks so I didn't get around to ordering everything I need but I want to do this next year.

I was going to go with the vintage car village with the train set.

Why do you hate your kids?

Same thing happened to me Blarg.  My parents sent me a couple really nice gifts and we just got them something small.  Had to scramble.

Why do you hate your parents?