• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holiday Shopping

Jay

My wife loves shopping too much. I could never take that away from her. The fact that she likes to go alone makes it even better.

A comedian did a set about shopping with his wife. As a guy you go buy what you planned on getting, a woman tries on 12 things and decides to buy nothing, at keast from that store but the mall continues on.

Anyway he sees this Warner Brothers jacket with multicolored sleeves and the big ass logo on the back with all of the looney tunes characters and goes and gets his wife to show her what he found.

She looks and gives him the hell no response. So he tries the sad face and tiny pleading voice his 3 year old granddaughter uses to get a cookie, even mimicking her pronunciation, "But I wannnnnit, pweeese ."

Wife tells him no, so he goes into pout mode and says low, I wannnnnit. Still no, and she is leaving the store so he stomps his feet and raises his voice, I wannnnnit! By this time his wife is looking at him like he's lost his mind and tells him no and stop acting like a child. This causes him to takes it to defcom 5 a full crying, screaming tantrum just like his granddaughter does.

The comedian then picks up the jacket off a chair no one noticed and puts it on, in all its looney tunes splendor and says with a grin, the best part is when they got home she said "I'm never going shopping with you again!"

I spent $13.5K on new windows.

Christmas Eve will be interesting this year. I need to put together a trampoline outside for my son after he goes to sleep. Not sure how that is going to happen.

Oh damn, that sucks. Not sure how to do that in the dark, and yes they suck to put together, stretching the springs is about the worst thing ever. Just did this back in March.

Amazon prime has changed a bit recently. The two-day shipping is based on when it leaves the warehouse, not when you placed your order.

Pro tip: use this to your advantage. When something arrives later than expected, politely complain (imagine you're British or something) to them. I've done that twice recently and gotten two free months of Prime added to my account.

Yep, anytime something is late I send them a note and get a free month tacked on. 

I've gotten 4 months tacked on. Their Amazon delivery service is terrible. When they use USPS, FedEx, or OnTrac, the deliveries arrive on time. When its their own delivery service, half the time, the package arrives a day late. Customer serivce will usually offer a month extension of my Prime account, the one time they didn't offer it, I requested it and they said "absolutely."

My shop at work has a little snack bar that we run. I decided to take over doing the purchasing for it so I could buy the stuff at Sam's Club and get the cash back for it. The other day I went before work to restock and I was by myself, and I got excited. As I walked in I reimagined the Billy Idol song:

Shopping by myself

Oh oh oh shopping by myself

If I had the mind

I'd leave my wife behind

And I'll be shopping by myself

oh oh oh-oh

It was beautiful. No wasted time wandering around, no extra money spent.

translation: glen was dancing in his underwear in the stock room.

again.

Wife signed off on doing it Christmas Day, which will be a little easier for me. Plus I'll have my bro. Watched a youtube video on how to do it easily. Glad I did that. 

should've just told him it's buried in the snow in nate's yard, and he'll have to wait until spring to see it.

Dude, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity build the Batman Motor home. You just need a Briggs and Stratton lawnmower engine and a chain driven rear axle for the wagon. With enough beer you can do this.

With enough beer you can do anything.

I've been invisible before, and one time I think I was even bulletproof.

Well, mine is 14 feet wide. I'm guessing my kid is going to see it. 

Just make sure you count every time you put in the springs. If not you will have to start all over.

I've done it a couple for my kids. It was a long time ago but I believe I started at 5 or some odd number as my spacing and went back and filled in. I used a spring to pull the other springs.

If you watched a you tube on it they should have all the short cuts.

Have fun and have patience.