• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2015-2016 Hot Stove Thread

SoWhat

Right now I'm obsessing over somehow getting Devon Travis from Toronto, but I don't see how it could get done. I know Toronto needs starting pitching, but they're not giving up Travis for any of the available starters. 

MLB Trade Rumors ‏@mlbtraderumors

Devon Travis likely to miss start of season for #BlueJays after undergoing shoulder surgery. Read more: http://bit.ly/1PAyAfG

Right now I'm obsessing over somehow getting Devon Travis from Toronto, but I don't see how it could get done. I know Toronto needs starting pitching, but they're not giving up Travis for any of the available starters.

You may want to rethink this one now.... :(

Madson back?

Will he play for free?

Hah....being that he's a local guy and he expressed regret in not being able to play for the team he rooted for as a kid, and the fact we already gave him $8m, he may be close to hometown discount. A 2/$10 with a club option would be reasonable. He was fantastic last year and already has WS rings, so playing for hometown team may be appealing.

Soria is seeking a 3yr 27 mil deal....crazy money

That's about the going rate for guys of his caliber now. He wasn't great last year but he has been a very good reliever in baseball for a while now. I did like the idea of him coming to the Angels but 9 mil/year for a reliever may not work with the Angels situation. 

That's about the going rate for guys of his caliber now. He wasn't great last year but he has been a very good reliever in baseball for a while now. I did like the idea of him coming to the Angels but 9 mil/year for a reliever may not work with the Angels situation.

Makes sense and I'm with you. I was just hoping to add Soria but not at 9 mil per

There was some value in the free agent reliever market the past couple of years.  If the AAV for a 7th/8th inning guy is gonna go to 9mil, then there isn't anymore.  

We definitely need some pen help, but not at 9mil per.  

I think Eppler prides himself on finding those random guys to contribute.  He's mentioned the minor league free agent as resource more than once now.  

Sipp is the most intriguing, a lefty that gets lefties and righties out.

How much money will he command?

Alvarez is a good utility guy to have in the pen, but the Halos need a rock solid lefty.

Street, Sipp, Smith, and Gott would be a solid backend in the pen, although one more flame throwing righty would be nice to have too.

Don't trust Bedrosian at this point.  

Edited by Angel Oracle